Author Topic: Forple's Dumps  (Read 1747 times)

forple

• View Profile
Forple's Dumps
« on: January 12, 2023, 01:43:39 AM »
Hi. I've uploaded these ROMs to the discord server at one point or another. However, I've decided to take all the dumps I've made there and put them as one ROM set here. Quite a few of them aren't properly supported by hhugboy's copy protection, as the protection for those ROMs has not been cracked yet, so I'm unsure if the dumps made are "proper" dumps. But it doesn't hurt to post them here. Maybe someone can cross-verify them with their dumps, or something. Or, maybe it may be a useful binary source to start trying to crack it.

As such, the attachment contains:
- Star War (Sintax)
- Super Donkey Kong 5
- Super Fighters S*
- Sanguozhi (VF Standalone Cart)*
- Zook Hero Z (English Version)*

(Note: The * indicates an ROM unsupported in hhugboy)

All dumps are verified via hhugboy and repeated dumping to identify a "consistent" ROM output. I would have gladly included my dump of Zook Hero 2 as well, but the cart is unfortunately unreliable, and the cart spews inconsistent garbage each time I try and dump it. I've tried cleaning the pins, cleaning the dumper, tweaking dumper settings, etc; but to no avail. To make matters worse I don't think this version of Zook 2 is supported by hhugboy or any emulator at the minute. Despite that, the SRAM was able to be dumped properly, but that's not very useful, either. I also have a 36-in-1 GB multicart, but all I can dump from it is a 16-in-1 multicart that is only capable of running the game that was hacked to run the menu, that being Trump Boy. I may make a second post with all my dumping attempts from those two ROMs.

For the Star Wars dump, you can view scans of the box, manual, and cart label here.
I need to scan the Sanguozhi box, manual, and cart label. I will update this post when I get to doing so.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Forple's Dumps
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 08:48:32 AM »
You dumped the Taiwanese version of Super Donkey Kong 5 right? Your dump matches taizou's dump of the English cart, confirming that Makon just changed the packaging for the English release. If your Zook 2 cart has the same version of the game that mine does, then it should be supported in hhugboy (if you can get a consistent dump out of it)

forple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 03:33:02 AM »
Admittedly, I don't know enough about Makon games to know personally. I purchased it from a seller in Thailand. The box matches the dimensions of a traditional Game Boy/Game Boy Color box, albeit slightly thicker to accommodate the bigger rumble cartridge (seems to match the dimensions of an official GB Rumble cart box, though).

Speaking of, I ought to scan the box and manual for this game as well. I'll also update the main post when that happens.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 11:04:42 AM »
English copies come in square boxes, while Taiwanese ones come in rectangle boxes. The sticker on the cart is also different

forple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 01:41:28 PM »
Gave it a second check. This is definitely the Taiwanese version, without a doubt.

forple

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 12:30:42 AM »
So, here's an interesting one about the Super Fighters S ROM dump I made; It's been cracked! Thing is, it's a hack, and not some magical new update to hhugboy. Special thanks to Kak on the BGC Discord for cracking it. Sadly we don't know anything more about the weird mapper it has, but we do have a working game here.

I've attached the fixed ROM to this post. Outside of that, nothing really new for things I have obtained. Still trying to dump that one multicart I have, though.