Author Topic: What is the best Famiclone I could buy from ali express or something these days?  (Read 1137 times)

Gaming Pal Ollie

• View Profile
 I placed an order for the RETROAD but that requires a converter to read Famiclone/famicom carts and it's far too expensive with the converter yet a video I watched showed some graphical issues my old, childhood famiclone from the early 90's did not have in TMNT III Manhattan project.

I'm looking for a famiclone that would run all these strange bootleg carts I own well and one that is fairly decently built. The Famiclone I bought in '92 or 93 didn't have built in games or anything but it was a sturdy beast that worked until 2009 or so...I regret throwing it away might just have been the AC adapter :( I normally never throw stuff away.

I bought two Terminators both dead, fortunately they were like 3 bucks a pop locally so whatever.

I attatched a pic of my childhood famiclone I threw away like a bloody moron in 2009 but I took pics of it so I could find another and never did. I've found similar famiclones, but they've all been dead or died shortly after and those had built in games.
it came in an original NES like box, it said ACTION SET on the box and had the NES family on it but with the famiclone pasted over the NES.

My famiclone displayed NES Accurate colors for example, the sky in Mario was that nice purpleish tint not the blue sky many later famiclones would display.

I recently picked up some tiny NES Mini clone locally for 8 bucks, dirt cheap but it has a surprisingly good selection of games, displays more or less accurate colors and all, however games such as Whomp 'em, Banana Prince and surprisingly even Circus Charlie have graphical glitches old famiclones did not have.
I attached a pic of that too.

I have a convertor for my NES to run famiclone carts but even tho it does read them it keeps resetting and not the kind of resetting where it can't read the cart, but you can see the game botting up, then it resets like it rejects it for being a bootleg, the convertor says to hold reset 1-3secs if it happens but that never works.

I also own an original famicom, but I don't have sufficient power supply for that to run it here in Europe yet (unless a model 1 Mega Drive PSU really does work I'm too scared to try) but I don't think an official Famicom would read all these weird ass famiclone carts I own, some from what I know use weird mappers and stuff normally not used on the NES and Famicom hence why the "Dandy" compatibility in emulators these days.

I have no way of finding anything functional and in good condition in my country anymore, surprising since the famiclone was the default "Nintendo" here in Macedonia. So my only option is ali express.

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
So you can disable the lock out chip in your NES that should let any Famicom game play on it here is a video on how to, you just cut the lock out CIC chip. Its the 4th connector pin from bottom left. here is a video on doing it       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auc7Ms4xv10
also there are other videos just check them out. As for famiclone's I choose to use a famiclone called Retro-Bit RES Plus
they sell for as low as $20. And it's in hd also. Just make sure your set up can change the aspect to 4:3 if you want the original size. And my favorite Famiclone is the AVS from retroUSB.
It's the best with 4 controller ports, game genie built-in, also can change it to NTSC and PAL to play games at there correct speeds. It plays 98% of all Famicom and NES games. Thats why I also recommend Retro-Bit RES for that %2 of odd mappers and bootlegs. Also AVS has the extra audio too. Check them out  ;)