Author Topic: early-mid 90's famiclone carts were of much higher quality I believe  (Read 808 times)

Gaming Pal Ollie

• View Profile
 I live in Europe, Macedonia and while pretty much everything was available here when it comes to consoles and gaming in general, unlike in other Slavic countries at the time, famiclones and famiclone games were still exceptionally popular.

I had a huge library of early-mid 90's famiclone carts alongside my original game collection but sadly I lost most of my famiclone carts in 2006 and have been unable to find old style carts since. People here tend to sell a ton of these bootlegs but it's mostly stuff from '98 onwards when the quality of label art, the cart shells themselves and even the contents of the cartridges drastically dropped.

I have a few old school early-mid 90's famiclone carts left among my many newer ones so I was hoping if you guys could confirm that these are indeed older releases.
I wish I could get more

Early-Mid 90's famiclone carts in my experience had:
- game accurate label art
- higher quality builds, often they were much heavier than the ones form the late 90's and early 00's
- multi carts had less repeats and higher quality games

Many of these old carts had that "Cassette" guarantee on the back

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:01:20 AM by Gaming Pal Ollie »