Author Topic: New tool to create, modify and remove GBX footers  (Read 1353 times)

rari_teh

• not that rare
    • View Profile
New tool to create, modify and remove GBX footers
« on: December 12, 2021, 03:10:26 PM »
As I assume most of you are aware, GBX is a footered Game Boy ROM format created by taizou to improve emulator support for unlicensed games, as many of those have purposefully incorrect metadata in their internal headers. As far as I know, until now, the only tools to edit these footers were taizou’s own GBXTool, which is a CLI Python script, and a good old hex editor. After a night of coding and debugging and three releases that should’ve been one, I’ve made GBXBuilder, which aims to be the easiest and most practical alternative without sacrificing functionality. You can get it on my GitHub. It was a really fun project to tackle, and I hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed making it =)

A word of warning: this is my first Visual Basic project and programming is merely my hobby; while I do think I’ve managed to hunt down all the bugs, please do advise if you find something or if you have any feature suggestions.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: New tool to create, modify and remove GBX footers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 10:13:22 PM »
This looks cool. I'll probably use this for any new ROMs I upload