Author Topic: Help with running Bonza.  (Read 1941 times)

usertheloset

• View Profile
Help with running Bonza.
« on: July 29, 2021, 01:57:37 PM »
Hi, i recently discovered a Dendy game named Bonza and decided to try it out today. But after pressing Start on the title screen, it says "impairment of the functioning of the cartridge" and freezes.

According to Alexander Kulikov, a special card needs to be input on top of the cartridge to properly play the game. Are there any ways to do this on an emulator?

Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing, im russian and im still learning english.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:45:04 AM by usertheloset »

kmg

• View Profile
Re: Help with running Bonza.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 03:23:29 PM »
I don't think any emulator allows you to play these. I can't read Russian but these are actual gambling systems, correct? If you look at the picture of the Mega Drive cart's board you can see something like a SIM card in the top left corner. It probably contains a security chip that allows the real cards you insert in the top of the cartridge to work but disallows any tampering. The Dendy cart will contain a similar chip. It seems unlikely that any of this will ever be emulated, though it may be possible to make the games playable by faking the communication with the security chip.

Oh and your English sounds pretty good. Change "discovered recently about" to "recently discovered" or "recently found out about". It's possible to put "recently" after the verb but it doesn't sound like typical casual spoken English.

usertheloset

• View Profile
Re: Help with running Bonza.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 04:56:04 AM »
Thanks for the answer, i didn't thought someone would actually reply.