Author Topic: Best Rich's Digimon 6 Link-Up Feature  (Read 1603 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Best Rich's Digimon 6 Link-Up Feature
« on: April 27, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »
I was looking around some old threads and saw one on "Digital Monster 6" by a company called "Best Rich". After getting the cart, I was pretty disappointed in the gameplay, but saw something cool on the old thread. Taizou had found an archived website that gave some info on the cart. Apparently the metal knob at the side of it allows it to communicate with other Digimon related products. Has anyone here been able to test/verify if that is actually something this cart can do?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:26:41 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

guyzis

Re: Best Rich's Digimon 6 Link-Up Feature
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 07:26:15 PM »
What kind of link could that be? I'm prolly guessing it links up to other Best Rich products, if any. Since it's a game for GB/C that means it only links to other Digimon games, which to my mind only comes Yong Yong's platformers and Vast Fame's RPGs. Looking by the screen shots in the site i'm probably guessing it's some kind of virtual-pet rpg thingy like neopets did, right? Well, VF RPGs seem to be the most reasonable communications. Or perhaps even other Digimon 6 games.

BTW, is that english? And, is it dumped? Because how would the site be able to take shots, then? I wonder if english is the only language it's available in.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »
You can download the ROM for it on an old thread on this site (just search "Digimon "Best Rich" and you should be able to find it). To my knowledge this is the only Best Rich product, and it is only in English. Also, the site makes it sound like the device links up to official Bandai Digimon products (most likely the old Tamagotchi-like stuff they used to sell) through the metal parts at the tip of the cartridge

guyzis

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »
So it used it's own type of link, huh? I'll get the rom, and once i get the rom i'll edit my post.

I wonder who here has one of the Bandai Tamagotchis.

Ok. I am not surprised at all XD But i still wanna know about links.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:35:13 PM by guyzis »