Author Topic: Lexibook Wireless Console NES Emulator Mysteries  (Read 2224 times)

CAIROCREATOR

• Founder of Golden K
    • View Profile
Lexibook Wireless Console NES Emulator Mysteries
« on: March 23, 2020, 12:56:09 PM »
Hello Friends

So, I've had a quick mystery I felt like trying to debunk

As we all know, the lexibook wireless console, a wii clone, comes with a built in NES emulator with support for .WXN files

I know because I actually have one

but the mystery is, WHAT IS THE EMULATOR BASED ON?

At first I thought it was just some stock emulator the people behind the console put together

but then I thought "it's more than that"

enter, JSNES, a javascript-based NES emulator for your browser

I installed some games on my Lexibook's microSD card

Then loaded those same games into JSNES

I noticed how with both emulators, some games will work, but have certain graphics glitched or missing entirely

Other times, the game won't work at all

Another thing I noticed is that with the Lexibook emulator, certain mapper 0 games don't really work properly

So I have with me a zip file containing some example games

load those games into JSNES, then, if you actually own one, load it onto your Lexibook's MicroSD

See how similar the emulators are

*Sorry if this post is a mess and I sound like I'm rambling on, I pretty much just needed answers*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:59:28 PM by CAIROCREATOR »

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
Re: Lexibook Wireless Console NES Emulator Mysteries
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 02:23:56 PM »
Hello Friends

So, I've had a quick mystery I felt like trying to debunk

As we all know, the lexibook wireless console, a wii clone, comes with a built in NES emulator with support for .WXN files

I know because I actually have one

but the mystery is, WHAT IS THE EMULATOR BASED ON?

At first I thought it was just some stock emulator the people behind the console put together

but then I thought "it's more than that"

enter, JSNES, a javascript-based NES emulator for your browser

I installed some games on my Lexibook's microSD card

Then loaded those same games into JSNES

I noticed how with both emulators, some games will work, but have certain graphics glitched or missing entirely

Other times, the game won't work at all

Another thing I noticed is that with the Lexibook emulator, certain mapper 0 games don't really work properly

So I have with me a zip file containing some example games

load those games into JSNES, then, if you actually own one, load it onto your Lexibook's MicroSD

See how similar the emulators are

*Sorry if this post is a mess and I sound like I'm rambling on, I pretty much just needed answers*
i have a problem:
i bought the german equivalent (Millennium Arcade Extreme M490) off the flea market and the seller excluded the sd card with the games. could anyone please upload the root of the sd card and it's data?
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.