Author Topic: Bootleg Taiwan Mega Drive Games - Undumped?  (Read 5270 times)

afonsog

• View Profile
Bootleg Taiwan Mega Drive Games - Undumped?
« on: November 18, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

Got these games a while ago new old stock from a toy shop in Taiwan, together with a new old stock Asian Sega Mega Drive 2  ;D

These lool to be from the mid to late 90s (please see attached pics). Globtop boards, nothing special.

Searching for these online yields no results, are these unknown and/or undumped? The first one is a hack of Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle which replaces Alex with Megaman. The second one is an unknown Mahjong 18+ game.

If anyone has any info about these, it would be greatly appreciated. I can send more photos if required.

Thanks in advance!

guyzis

Re: Bootleg Taiwan Mega Drive Games - Undumped?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
I think i've already seen that Rock Mann clone along with some other which i don't know the name. Google up "Hammer Man X" and you'll find it, looks like both of us don't know these :(

afonsog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 01:31:49 AM »
I think i've already seen that Rock Mann clone along with some other which i don't know the name. Google up "Hammer Man X" and you'll find it, looks like both of us don't know these :(

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried searching for "Hammer Man X" but wasn't able to find it, could you provide a link?

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:08:42 AM »
Hammer Man X is a hack of a different game. Some gameplay of Rockheaven is on the internet, and I think there used to be more about it online, but there was never much on it.

Here's a link to the footage, see if it matches your cart (it matched mine).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ-id-UgHMw
Also, according to the comments section of that video Rockheaven is definitely undumped.

As for the Majong game, I have never seen it. There are some other Mahjong bootlegs on the Mega Drive according to bootleg games wiki. Maybe see if your cart is similar to one of those.

And here is Hammer Man
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2010/11/another-bootleg-oddity.html?m=1
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:24:24 AM by 瓜瓜龍 »

guyzis

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 11:08:07 AM »
I already know that Hammer Man X is an entirely different game. What is it? Is it undumped? Well taizou once dumped a Genesis game. Let's hope someone purchases it on Taobao and lends the cart to him. Also thanks for giving him those links, althrough afonsog, what's your web browser? I rely on google, if you're using stuff like IE or Firefox then you probably didn't find it because i must say, i don't like these too much. And then there's the fact that Google comes with the OS, so it shouldn't make sense using third-parties' browsers.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 01:53:27 PM »
That Mahjong game as far as I'm aware is undumped. It also uses music from the Squirrel King hack "Super Mario Bros."

guyzis

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »
What about Hammer Man X? I also found some Poker game called "Du Shen Zhi Meng Huan Poker". It uses unlicensed copies of licensed characters such as: Red Sonic, Ugly Indiana Jones, Cyclop Robocop, and so on.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »
On the Rockman Corner site I linked a person commented that Hammer Man is a hack of "Wani Wani World". I am pretty sure that one is also undumped.

guyzis

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »
I'm also sure that my other game (the Poker thing i mentioned) is also dumped, just not public. Oh well.

360lee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2023, 02:29:37 AM »
I am very interested in your unknown mahjong game, do you plan to sell it to me? Or help me to copy it in flashkit cart?

dogerlee73@gmail.com