Author Topic: Connection between Waixing and Vast Fame(?)!  (Read 2586 times)

guyzis

Connection between Waixing and Vast Fame(?)!
« on: September 28, 2019, 04:25:30 PM »
Days ago i posted a post about some kind of connection between VF and SNT. But never mind that, because i think i found a connection between Waixing and Vast Fame. Now it may not me obvious to some people, but Waixing is into Game Boy stuff. Waixing has ported a few Vast Fame stuff to NES, so maybe they got permission from VF to make. But this is just a hypothesis, since Waixing loves to make non-authorized hacks of stuff. I'm referring to Impartial Judge, Myth Struggle (both being hacks of Hummer Team's Dragon Ball Z), Doraemon (Somari, also by HT), and a couple translations. Waixing ported Digimon 3 and Shui Hu Shen Shou. Mmm, suspicious...

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Connection between Waixing and Vast Fame(?)!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 09:25:28 PM »
That sounds possible, but Waixing has released Gowin games (specifically Stone Age) in their own carts, and has released a version of Pokemon Jade (the Telefang hack) on NES. That would be quite a few companies to have ties to, I think that it is more likely that they just look for games to re-release without consulting the original creators.

Here is a link to the Gowin re-release. http://repo.12bit.club/gb/26
And here is a link to the Telefang one. https://wiki.telefang.net/Kou_Dai_Jing_Ling_-_Fei_Cui

guyzis

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 11:40:20 PM »
Yeah. But then there's the fact that bootleg companies generally share staff. So maybe some VF people went to Waixing? Or reverse? As for the other companies, i suggest you to take a look at my SNT and VF connection to see anything. I mean, perhaps the ex-VF staff moved to Waixing with their projects in hands, and asked "hey, turn this into a NES cart!".

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 01:07:57 PM »
I doubt Waixing or SNT has any connection with Vast Fame. The original Digimon 3 seemed fairly popular at least, given how often it got pirated. I'm assuming Waixing and SNT just took note of the game's popularity and decided to make their own ports.

guyzis

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 03:07:37 PM »
Certainly. There's many versions of this floating around. Mine is that SNT and VF staff moved to WXN (yeah i'm using abbreviations), but since there's not many information, it's lacking.

In one of my posts i referred to Tian Cai Xiao Zi, which had a connection to SNT and VF. See my post here: http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=2661.0

This is strange. Apparently there's 4 companies involved... VF, WXN, SNT, TCXZ...

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 08:22:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure Waixing and SNT just saw some Taiwanese RPGs they thought would be worth porting over. (Especially considering some of these games are based off other properties: San Guo Zhi being Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Barver Battle Saga uses Final Fantasy's Taiwanese name, Digimon 3 is well, obvious.) Vast Fame wasn't even the only Taiwanese company whose games were ported by SNT; SoftStar also got several of their games ported by SNT as well.

I highly doubt there was any Vast Fame staff or Tian Cai Xiao Zi staff that went to work for Waixing or SNT; it just seems like Waixing and SNT themselves just wanted to port their games over because it was another RPG they could port and saw some value in it.

guyzis

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 10:06:53 PM »
Yeah. Unfortunately not many of these games have credits, so i can't confirm shared staff between TCXZ, SNT, WXN and VF. But yeah, you're right. I saw someone say something about some rural farmers in China that don't have money to purchase new consoles, thus they wanna play new stuff on their NES. Thus it would make sense for they to port stuff. Then there's the fact that the World of Warcraft movie was a massive hit in China. Why? Because the chinese wanna experience western culture. So it also would make sense to bring "western stuff" there. Like, i mean, SNT ported some games by SNK: SNT made a pair of King of the Fighters games plus some SNK games of existence unconfirmed. Despite KOF being made by japanese, it looks kind western-ish. Thus it would make sense for SNT to also make ports of western stuff. The same applies to WXN's Resident Evil (by Capcom, for USA), or TCXZ's Barver Battle Saga (by taiwanese, for Chinese, looks very western).