Author Topic: (Im)Possible relationship between VF and Shenzhen Nanjing?  (Read 2726 times)

guyzis

(Im)Possible relationship between VF and Shenzhen Nanjing?
« on: September 27, 2019, 12:27:20 AM »
I have the hypothesis that Nanjing and Vast Fame have worked together. It's weird, but here's my proof:

Nanjing ported Digimon 3 to NES, by Vast Fame.
Nanjing also ported Shawu Story, also VF's. With "Shawu Story", i'm referring to both Shui Hu Shen Shou as well as that San Guo Zhi game i forgot the name.  Oh well.

So, what do you think?

EDIT: Even more proof! Basically, do you guys remember Taikong Zhanshi Jingdian Ban for the game boy? That RPG by Tian Cai Xiao Zi, that is a port of Chuanpu's Barver Battle Saga. Well, that RPG had a stolen engine from Vast Fame's San Guo Zhi game (the Shawu Story one), heavily modified to their own purposes. This time around the only connecion i see to VF is that SNT ported the TCXZ game, which uses stolen source engine from VF's RPG. But this has the hole that Nanjing never actually worked with TCXZ, since they've not ported any other thing related to them. Also, this entire VF-SNT thing i came up with is not entirely bullet-proof either, since nor their website nor Bootleg Games Wiki says anything. Then again it's just a hypothesis, not concrete information.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:58:02 AM by guyzis »

jo19sh92

• I ♥ Cats
    • View Profile
    • Procatinator
Re: (Im)Possible relationship between VF and Shenzhen Nanjing?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »
You do realize these are "bootleg" companies, right?

You don't think that they steal from each other? I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally took games made by others, even if bootlegs themselves, just to have it. Its an interesting idea and obviously a better love story than Twilight, but nonetheless, I doubt it.
Cats are the only thing I care about more than myself.

guyzis

Re: (Im)Possible relationship between VF and Shenzhen Nanjing?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 12:29:31 PM »
Certainly not, because Vast Fame legitmately got the source code of Pocky & Rocky with Becky according to taizou's blog: http://hhug.me/?post=69

Thus your argument is invalid.

EDIT: BTW who is Twilight anyway?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 12:35:37 PM by guyzis »