Author Topic: Jungle Soft Still Alive and Kicking  (Read 3207 times)

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Jungle Soft Still Alive and Kicking
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:36:12 PM »
Remember how in 2010 Jungle Soft were ordered to stop making Viis and we thought they were bankrupt?
WRONG!
If you look on Jungletac's website, It becomes painfully obvious that Jungle Soft is just Jungletac all over again. Also, A look at http://jungletac.com/product_6.asp reveals some other information. JungleTac took credit for Elfland? And a lot of the 16 bit games had a title screen at one point? I think this was worth mentioning.  :JY:

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
Linkrulezall
May 23 2011, 09:36:12 PM
Remember how in 2010 Jungle Soft were ordered to stop making Viis and we thought they were bankrupt?[/quote]well it says that on Wikipedia, but i could never find anything to back it up - I think they just stopped making the Vii because it was too expensive for a knockoff and it didn't sell all that well. they never stopped making handhelds, and the occasional cheaper console like the Zone 60 & Wireless 60.

I'm not sure if theyre still actively developing games though, theyve gone pretty quiet on that front lately.  

Linkrulezall

And a lot of the 16 bit games had a title screen at one point? I think this was worth mentioning.  :JY:  [/quote]Yeah, it seems like they just removed the title screens from all their games for some reason. A lot of their 8-bit games have screens that were obviously supposed to be a title screen, but there's no actual title - I suspect it was so that distributors could request they change the game names (like Pelican did with half the games on the VG Pockets) and they wouldn't have to go to the trouble of drawing a new logo. because theyre lazy.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:07:20 AM »
taizou
May 23 2011, 10:05:36 PM
Linkrulezall

And a lot of the 16 bit games had a title screen at one point? I think this was worth mentioning.  :JY:  [/quote]Yeah, it seems like they just removed the title screens from all their games for some reason. A lot of their 8-bit games have screens that were obviously supposed to be a title screen, but there's no actual title - I suspect it was so that distributors could request they change the game names (like Pelican did with half the games on the VG Pockets) and they wouldn't have to go to the trouble of drawing a new logo. because theyre lazy.[/quote]I think with those title screens, they originally had the titles of the games on them but when it came to later revisions on newer clones, Jungle Soft removed them for some crazy reason. What's especially funny is that in some cases, the title screen on the menu shows a title when the actual game doesn't.

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
God, Look at all those games and consoles! =O