Author Topic: Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate  (Read 20379 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2023, 03:44:26 PM »
Nice. Have you checked Asian Sources Electronics for Supervision stuff? It seems like the sort of magazine that would cover it

Mr. Sound-About

• Never let dreams die!
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighter Team
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2023, 04:47:50 AM »
A Supervision prototype cartridge appeared!! (Cue cricket orchestra.)

Oh. My. God. Which scintillating game could it possibly be? Happy Flappy? No. Devil Paradise?? Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

It's... *sigh* ...Sonny X'Press. Because of course it is. Yep. Sonny, that parasite-ridden scooter jockey, has found a way to capture the dim Supervision spotlight once again. Blech.

You'll have to excuse me for not going ape-solutely bananas over this out of the blue discovery, but after wasting TWENTY YEARS [!] on painstaking Supervision research (with an emphasis on pain), I was hoping for something far better to surface. Can't a Marpol Brother catch a break?!

But, whatever. At the end of the day, a lackluster prototype is better than no prototype at all. And just think: Next time, it could be Wonder Fish!

Anyway, the Sonny X'Press page has been updated, noting several differences between prototype and final version.

diskman.com/presents/supervision/sonny.htm

Check out Diskman Presents : full of geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2023, 08:27:28 PM »
Nice! I remember hearing about that auction being found in the discord. I'm glad to hear you were able to get it

Mr. Sound-About

• Never let dreams die!
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighter Team
« Reply #48 on: Today at 03:01:27 AM »
I scanned the Sonny X'Press prototype cartridge label today, and added it to the scans page. That is all. *burp*

On a truly unrelated note: I was recently on vacation in New Zealand. While there I contacted every arcade I could, just to ask one simple question: “Do you have the game The NewZealand Story?” They answered with a resounding NO. Throwing my hands up in the air in disbelief, I bellowed, “Then what's the point of even having an arcade?!” This world makes no sense.

www.diskman.com/presents/supervision/scans.htm
Check out Diskman Presents : full of geektastic classic gaming goodness!