Author Topic: Hummer may have programmed...  (Read 6878 times)

MLX

• View Profile
Hummer may have programmed...
« on: August 15, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
... Earthworm Jim 3 and MK4.

How do I know ?
If we count all the games made in 1997, only 3 were made under JY. While in 1996, Hummer team made 6 games !
So if he had those 2 games (EWJ3/MK4), we can count 5 games.

And actually it would make sence since KoF96 was more likely made in 1998. So the music guy and Y.Y.C was still working with Hummer Team.

Also, EWJ3 use the DKC4 engine. Also the SMW music being in EWJ3.
And I just saw that EWJ3 and DKC4 easter eggs use the same number of button.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:30:30 PM »
I can understand why but my question is why would Hummer switch to NT/Shin-Shin and then back to JY again? (Seeing how FF3 was their last game)

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 01:33:19 PM »
For me that would explain Street Fighter Zero 2 97 also.

Quote:

I can understand why but my question is why would Hummer switch to NT/Shin-Shin and then back to JY again? (Seeing how FF3 was their last game)[/quote]
This may be one of the biggest mysteries of all time.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »
Eh, my only guess is that NT ticked them off or they weren't getting enough money and just went back to JY for a while?  :JY:

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:39:06 PM »
That may be right, Also I noticed that SF2Z carts are more common than all other NT carts, so maybe NT really wanted to have their own pirates original isntead of stelling them.  :JY:

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »
Well it's entirely possible for a developer to work for two publishers at the same time. theres no reason Hummer would have to be tied to either JY or NT and not work for the other one. although the fact that their last two games for JY don't have original music and one of them is credited to "Jing Tay Team" makes me think there was still a split around 1998 or so.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »
taizou
Aug 15 2010, 02:02:46 PM
Well it's entirely possible for a developer to work for two publishers at the same time. theres no reason Hummer would have to be tied to either JY or NT and not work for the other one. although the fact that their last two games for JY don't have original music and one of them is credited to "Jing Tay Team" makes me think there was still a split around 1998 or so.[/quote]Based on that, I'd say Hummer Cheng left them before TTA6 and FF3, which would explain why the company was renamed and why they stole the music from other games.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
But for King of Fighter 96 (original music), it says 98 at the end. Would Hummer Team think of a date in the futur ? I know mistakes can be made but it's strange !
Also KoF96 was never seen on a multicart LIKE Final Fight 3 (which is the supposed lattest game made by Hummer Team). And the SF2Z97 ending music is present in KOF which means it was made AFTER. It cannot has been made before 97.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »
It's either a simple mistake or there really is a KOF98. The thing that bugs me about this game though is the quality of it really bugs me compared to the better fighters Hummer pulled off (MKII and SFZ2 for example). Also SFZ2 uses the SFII ending music but KOF96 doesn't but it's buried in.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:42:07 PM by KingPepe »

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
KoF96 use what whe should call YOKO v4. It is the most advanced fighting game ever made for Famicom. I'm pretty sure it was made in 1998.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »
No idea then. I guess they figured because there were Tiny Toons and Final Fight games on the NES they could use those games for the music.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 03:04:02 PM »
Maybe KOF was originally in development for JY around the time of the split, and the people who left took it with them and finished it in 1998 to be published by NT - thatd explain why theres a JY logo screen in the game without the graphics, as if it was removed at the last minute, but its never been found on a JY cart.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
MLX
Aug 15 2010, 02:53:25 PM
KoF96 use what whe should call YOKO v4. It is the most advanced fighting game ever made for Famicom. I'm pretty sure it was made in 1998.[/quote]Yeah but I kinda meant move-wise. (Take a look at Iori's "Rush-Tackle" or whatever it is)

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »
I think JY-118 id may be King of Fighter '96. It is unknow if it exist and it is the only game which could fit in that spot.

@Taizou, then it's reverse with Contra Spirits. It has been found on NT id and other but JY logo is still present. We cannot be sure about that logo thing.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 03:21:11 PM »
yeah, JY-118 could be KOF, but we'll never know until someone finds it.. it could equally just be a generic multicart.

and Contra Spirits could have been the same kinda situation - maybe EHY was developing it for JY originally but he took it to NT instead for some reason, and he just didnt bother to remove the logo because he's much lazier than Hummer Team :D