Author Topic: Yet another variation of Harry's Legend  (Read 3059 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yet another variation of Harry's Legend
« on: March 12, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
A Brazilian guy bought a OneStation cartridge from DealExtreme and found a game on it titled "Hally Poter - Goblet of Fire".

No, really. That's actually how it's spelled.

Other than the title-- and the logo in the upper-right of the HUD, which is quite badly hacked-- the game's the same old Harry's Legend that we all know. The storyline screens are still from Philosopher's Stone, and it's still spelled "Harry" there.

Here's the video. And here's a blog post showing the cartridge.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
LOL, looks like a re-edit made by a 10 year old trying to figure out how to use TLP which is obviously a vain attempt to avoid copyright infringement on the part of whoever made this multicart. Nice to see them still using the Bubble Bobble 2 font. Kind of ironic that the rest of the names are spelled correctly. (Apart from "Chexder", which sounds more like a breakfast cereal than a video game)

Also, companies still produce carts for the OneStation? I thought they stopped after that 32M-99x series.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:30:44 AM »
ah, i've seen a few OneStation cartridges with "Hally Potter" listed on the back, I thought it was just a mistake on the packaging. guess not. :D
Cheetahmen

Also, companies still produce carts for the OneStation? I thought they stopped after that 32M-99x series.[/quote]
well that video is from 2009, i'm pretty sure no new OneStation carts have been made for a while now - Jungletac seems to have given up on it, which is kind of a shame, it was a nice idea.

seems like there were two companies making carts anyway, Jungletac themselves and whoever made that one. most of mine are JT's but i've got a couple from the other company - one of them actually includes F22 by Inventor, and the other has an Othello hack ("Chess") mixed in with the regular stuff. their menus are also closer to a lot of standard famiclone/multicart menus than JT's.. and one of them, for some reason, has title screenshots from Waixing's 16-bit games on the box.