Author Topic: Credits?  (Read 10277 times)

MLX

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 04:29:17 AM »
Ming June appears as a programmer in EWJ3 and Block Force credits HWANG JIUNMING.

Rebecca is credited as an artist in Titenic with Carroll.

Danny (Chiang) could be Hummer Cheng. He programmed Titenic with another guy.

Wonder what Kathy and Silvers Lin used for nicknames after Magic Bubble :/ Either he also made graphics (Light Lin/Silvers Lin is a similar name) or he was testing and doing other stuff during this time. Probably the development team was cut in 2 smaller team (unlikely).
There's about 5% chance this is the Kossel Huang we are talking about:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000893413350
Raison: where he studied (cultural university (mainly music)). Date of promotion (1988). The name is not that common in Taiwan so that could be his account (unused or completly locked)...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:47:58 AM by MLX »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Credits?
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 10:57:01 AM »
MLX
Mar 6 2011, 04:29:17 AM
There's about 5% chance this is the Kossel Huang we are talking about:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000893413350
Raison: where he studied (cultural university (mainly music)). Date of promotion (1988). The name is not that common in Taiwan so that could be his account (unused or completly locked)...[/quote]maybe.. he's one of two Kossel Huangs on facebook, could be the other one too. Or neither. theres also a Hummer Cheng but his profile is completely blank.

MLX

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 12:19:43 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that one but never tried to sent him a message with a fake account... I should try... (Btw such profile can be a locked one that only show your gender and nothing else).

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
Hello, there.
Not sure if anyone pays attention to this thread anymore, but if they do...
I have sent Kossel Huang on Facebook a message, but I have not heard back from him. He probably doesn't speak English. I am really trying to find out who developed, and who composed Puzzle. Tiles of Fate's instruments are the same as Puzzle's, and that was developed by AVE and credits B.H. Ting as the composer, so I'm convinced he also did Puzzle.

Also, how did you beat Decathlon? I can't find the player's score modifier, but I found the CPU's.
Not sure if anyone noticed, but in Bubble Bath Babes, all the credits are listed only by their first names, and in Mermaids of Atlantis, it's their first and last names. You can find images of the credits on the Video Game Music Preservation Foundation Wiki. I have also completed all the known Sachen games that have credits. Let me know if you want me to upload credits on here for those games as well. I don't want to accidentally do the wrong thing and get myself banned.

Also, I have gotten in touch with hundreds of thousands of game developers, and I even talked with the founder of the unlicensed NES game company Color Dreams, Dan Lawton. He told me all the Wisdom Tree games were composed by Vance Kozik.
Also, Operation Secret Storm (he gave me the source code for most of the Color Dreams games) credits Sandy Sims as the composer. Dan Lawton and Nina Stanley (graphic designer) said 'Sandy Sims' is most likely a pseudonym. I'm really thinking it's an alias for John Dwyer, who did the music for Challenge of the Dragon (hear how similar the music is and it's the same exact game engine).
For the Sachen games, I mostly picked up Amy Chou and Amadeus Wang as the composer, which leads me to believe that the pirate version of Toy Story was developed by Sachen since it credits the composer 'U.L. Wang'. Felix the Cat and Tom and Jerry 3 both credit Li Meng as the composer, and they were developed by Tomsoft/Dragon, Co. This also leads me to believe that Li Meng composed Lion King 3: Timon and Pumba, Titanic, and Wait and See since they sound extremely similar (same audio driver.)

Maybe I'm getting a little off-topic here (I hope I'm not) but I found the composer(s) for all the Mindscape-developed games. I talked with a programmer at Mindscape who told me he remembers Nick Eastridge doing the music for most of their games. While he's mostly credited in their SNES games, none of Mindscape's NES games had credits. The programmer told me that he's pretty sure Nick composed Paperboy. I am convinced Nick also worked on Last Starfighter and Conan since they use the same audio driver. I also suspect Nick also may have written the audio driver for Orb 3D and The Chessmaster. There is a page for Eastridge Technology, but I called the Nick Eastridge up there and he said it wasn't him.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:55:35 AM by Doommaster1994 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
Doommaster1994
Jan 14 2012, 07:42:04 AM
I am really trying to find out who developed, and who composed Puzzle. Tiles of Fate's instruments are the same as Puzzle's, and that was developed by AVE and credits B.H. Ting as the composer, so I'm convinced he also did Puzzle.[/quote]I'm pretty sure Puzzle was developed by Idea-Tek, Tiles of Fate was developed by C&E, but C&E and Idea-Tek did seem to cooperate at times (the original Taiwanese version of Tiles of Fate was published in the same series as Idea-Tek's games for example) so it possibly could have been the same composer. B.H. Ting is almost certainly the same person as Ding Bohao (丁伯豪) as credited in Sheng Huo Lie Zhuan anyway.

Quote:

Also, how did you beat Decathlon? I can't find the player's score modifier, but I found the CPU's.[/quote]
I think I just found the credits in the ROM, I never actually beat it from what I recall.

Quote:

I have also completed all the known Sachen games that have credits. Let me know if you want me to upload credits on here for those games as well. I don't want to accidentally do the wrong thing and get myself banned.[/quote]
Yeah, go for it :D

Quote:

Also, I have gotten in touch with hundreds of thousands of game developers, and I even talked with the founder of the unlicensed NES game company Color Dreams, Dan Lawton.[/quote]
Don't suppose he mentioned anything about their relationship with Sachen or other Taiwanese companies, did he?

Quote:

For the Sachen games, I mostly picked up Amy Chou and Amadeus Wang as the composer, which leads me to believe that the pirate version of Toy Story was developed by Sachen since it credits the composer 'U.L. Wang'. [/quote]
There's also L.C. Tchacvosky (Li-Cheang Tchacvosky aka Li-Cheang Ma), he composed the music for quite a few games, mostly the ones that credit him on the title screen.
As for Toy Story we have a wiki article about this whole thing here, basically the current theory is that Sachen closed down its development office around 1994 and a bunch of ex-Sachen staff developed Toy Story and various other games. Though we don't know for sure.

Also, welcome to the forums! you have some good info there, we always appreciate that :D

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
Wow. I'm astonished, I didn't think I'd actually get a reply! lol
I did ask Dan Lawton about the Sachen games licensed to Color Dreams in the U.S. He doesn't know much about them and he said that Sachen wouldn't give them the source code to their games. Also, L.K.C. in Super Pang 2 may be an alias for Tchackvosky.
I know you guys already got Kossel Huang as the composer, but here are the credits to Bubble Bath Babes:
Planned By: Tricia
Programmed By: Silvers
Graphics By: Katy
Art Director By: Pony
Music By: Kossel
Thanks To: Jack
BGM.1 Waving Up and Down
BGM.2 Blow Bubbles

Now compare that to Mermaids of Atlantis:
Planned By: Tricia Chen
Programmed By: Silvers Lin
Graphic By: Kathy Chen
Art Direction By: Pony Chiou
Music By: Kossel Huang
Thanks To: Jack Yeh
BGM.1 Waving Up and Down
BGM.2 Blow Bubbles
BGM.3 Wonderful Seabed
Game Testing: Fred Hood, Deborah Rose
Story and Tweeking By: Phil Mikkelson
Original Mermaid Art By: Martin Gee
Special Thanks To: Richard & Patricia Frick

I tried talking to Phil Mikkelson, as I'm sure he'd know for a fact who developed those games, but he never replied to my messages.
Here's the credits for Gaiapolis:
Producer: Liu Kuan-Chun
Programmer: Liu Kuan-Chun, Ming-Fong Lue
Art: Ahi Shu, L.J.U., Tou Che-Dee, Su-Ping Chen
Music: Chou Yuan-Mei
Sound Effect: Chou Yuan-Mei
Art Designer: Tou Che-Dee
Tester: Eric Wu, Huan-Lin Tsai, Sunny Chen, Andy Chen
Special Thanks: Eric Wu, Huan-Lin Tsai

Credits for Cobra Mission:
Progam: Tommy Shih
Art - Kitty
Music - Vincent Cheng
Design - Tommy Kitty
(I believe NTDEC made this one even though it says Asder)

Credits for Hell Fighter:
Director: Guan-Her Chern
Art Director: Shih-To Ma
Producer: L.C. Tchacvosky
Program: Guan-Her Chern
Public Program: L.K.C. Tchacvosky
Artist: Shyh-Dwo Maa
Music Compose: Lih-Chyun Maa
Cartridge Hardware: Dr. Super Mary
Tool Support: L.C. Tchacvosky
Music Design: Mr. X, Lih-Chyun Maa
English Translate: Chii-Tyng Shy
Story: L.C. Tchacvosky
Co-Producer: Jiin-Rong Tzeng
Special Thank: Game King, Hot Dog, Hann-Long Chern

Credits for Olympic I.Q.
Programmer: L.K.C. (L.C. Tchacvosky?)
Director: Max Tsao
Art Director: Mei-Ni Wong
Music: Richard

Credits for Q-Boy:
Tester: Jesse Chen, Arick Wi, Sunny Chen, Caven Chou
Art Editor: Su Ping Chen, Shi Lu Hai
Producer: Chun Nan Lin
Composer: Yuan Mei Chou (I got in touch with him)
Programmer: Kuan Chun Liu

Rocman X
Programmer: Eric Wu, Huan-Lin Tsai
Director: Eric Wu, Huan-Lin Tsai
Music: Amadeus Wang
Sound Effect: Amadeus Wang
Art Designer: Chun-Nan Lin
Character Designer: Chun-Nan Lin

Silver Eagle
Producer: Lin Chun Nan
Art Editor: Ahi
Music: Amy Chou
Sound Effect: Amadeus Wang
Tester: Sunny Chen, Lue Min Fung, Huan Lin Tsai, Jesse Chen, Liou Kuan Chun, Arick Wu, Andy Chen

Super Pang II
Director: Andy Chean
Programmer: Yung Ming Chen
Game Design: Wan Guang Yang
Music: Amy Chou
Game Graphics: Wan Guang Yang
Sound Effect: L.K.C. (L.C. Tchacvosky?)
Text: Caroline Shin
Producer: Chung Kang Kuo
Art: Chin Nan Lin (Chun Nan Lin?)

Tagin' Dragon: (Now we get to know who did that horrible title music!)
Sound: Rolland Cheng
Artpicture: Wun Zu-Tsie, Hau Yu-Tsao, Min Fa-Tyei, Chieh Che-Chao
Programmer: Rolland Cheng
Derector: Rolland Cheng

Tiles of Fate:
Project Leader: Jack Yeh
Planned By: Tricia Chen
Programmed By: Ho Yu-Hwa
Graphic By: Kathy Chen
Music By: B.H. Ting
Thanks To: Harry Jean, Daru Young, Yeh Min-Hwa

Toy Story
Program Design: Sammy Lee, Tom Wang, L.S. Chen, Ton Chen Jan
Artistic Design: Steve Hon, L. Fat Wang
Music Design: U.L. Wang
Director: Lee Fan Dai

The following credits are from some Sachen multicart:
Magical Tower
Producer: Lin Chun Nan
Programmer: Sunny Chen
Art Editor: She Lu Hi (Ahi?)
Art Designer: Lin Chun Nan
Music: Amadeus Y. Wang
Sound: Amadeus Y. Wang
Tester: Arick Wu, Jessic Chen (Jesse Chen?), Che De Tou
Director: Andy Chen

Worm Visitor
Programmer: Ei How Yang
Art Designer: Wang Bi Bi San (Shows them twice)
Music: Amadeus L Wang
Sound Effect: Ei How Yang
Tester: Macro Bi Chen
Director: Jack Chen

The following credits are from the Caltron 6-in-1:
Cosmos Cop:
Program By: Patrick
Graphic By: Pandy
Music By: Martino

Magic Carpet 1001:
Program By Patrick
Graphic By Julia
Music By Ruth
Special Thanks Martino (Sound Driver?)

Porter: (Probably don't need this since the credits are on the title screen, but I'll post anyway just in case)
Program By Kriss
Graphic By Julia
Music By Martino
Hard Ware By Gary

I believe 'Martino' composed the menu songs and Bookyman. I'm pretty sure he also may have composed Go! Benny! and maybe a few other games I can't think of off the top of my head.

Here's Master Shooter, also by NTDEC. It's very similar to Cobra Mission's credits/gameplay:
Planner: E2
Graphic Design: Kitty
Programer: Tommy Shih
Music: Tommy Shih, E2
Special Thanks: "Kenny Shih"

Fighting Hero: (Some of the text looks so weird I can't tell what letter it's supposed to be so I'll do my best)
Programmer: Doggy, Repeat, Dragon
Static Picture: Athena, Cartier
Dynamic Picture: Patric
Music: Melody, Ruth
Director: Lee
Special Thanks: Wang

Also, I didn't see the credits for Felix the Cat, so here they are. Surprisingly, I believe all the credits are real names:
Co-Director: Haiying Han
Programmer: Hongying Wu
Backgrounds: Haiying Han
Animation: Xiaohua Li, Haiying Han, Zhang Wen
Music: Li Meng
Produce: Dragon Co.

Here's Lion King 3, also developed by Dragon Co.
Co--Director: Yu Yongping, Zhang Xiaonan
Programmer: Tommy Xie, Li Xiao rui
Backgrounds: Yu Yongping
Animation: Zhang Xiaonan, Meng Xianzheng
Music: Li Meng
Produce: Dragon Co. Xi 'An China

Fighting Hero III: (This one's real interesting because it actually shows pictures of the developers)
Program Design By: Patrick, Dennis
Projected By: E2
Graphic Designer: Jerry, Vincent, Sylphid, Pandy, Kitty, M.C. Hwang
Hardware Designer By: S.H.Chiu (Shao Hwa Chou. In the rom text for the Caltron 6-in-1, it says 'Main Program & Hardware Design By Shao Hwa Chou) and Robert
Music By Martino
Special Thanks E2, Johnny

I hope this helped. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
-Doommaster1994
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:52:19 PM by Doommaster1994 »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »
Rolland Cheng... same surname as a certain Hummer who's also received credit for music... hmm...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:44:58 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Credits?
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
codeman38
Jan 14 2012, 04:41:11 PM
Rolland Cheng... same surname as a certain Hummer who's also received credit for music... hmm...[/quote]Given how awful the music was in Tagin Dragon, it wouldn't surprise me. :X
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:42:58 PM by Awesome Panda »

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »
I believe Hummer Cheng is an alias for Alex Yeu. Just listen to Alex Yeu's work on Earthworm Jim 3. I forget which game Hummer Cheng was credited in, but I think it was Donkey Kong Country. I made a page on the Video Game Music Preservation Foundation Wiki about Alex Yeu and the games he worked on: http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php?title=Alex_Yeu
(Sorry if I'm not supposed to post links on here)
I also made one for B.H. Ting and Kossel Huang.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:48:31 PM by Doommaster1994 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Credits?
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »
Doommaster1994
Jan 14 2012, 04:45:45 PM
I believe Hummer Cheng is an alias for Alex Yeu. Just listen to Alex Yeu's work on Earthworm Jim 3.[/quote]I'm pretty sure that's the other way round. Considering that he worked for Hummer Team, it could just as easily be named after him.

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
Yeah, not sure what the guy's real name is. Too bad those guys used aliases, though I can easily see why, so Nintendo would have a hard time finding them. Maybe it's some combination of the two though, like Alex Cheng, though I know that's very unlikely. Maybe even Yeu Cheng or something like that.
Also, in the ROM text for the Dragon Co. games, I found this:
TomSoft Studio
E-mail tomsoft@ihw.co.cn
Tel: (029)7223482
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:32:35 PM by Doommaster1994 »

Barver

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »
TomSoft isn't too hard to get a hold of, though I forgot where I obtained his info. But I've emailed him before and he's pretty open to questions :) That email there definitely is obsolete by now.

If you want to talk to him and can't find his info on Google(I forget how much it takes to find it), lemme know and I'll try to find his address through my old emails again.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »
Doommaster1994
Jan 14 2012, 03:29:14 PM
Composer: Yuan Mei Chou (I got in touch with him)[/quote]really? o: did he have anything interesting to say?

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 02:28:28 AM »
Something interesting in the Dragon Co. games, is that in the ROM editor, it reveals the source code, or what looks like the source code.
@taizou - Yup. I didn't really ask him anything about his works, but I asked him if he composed Q-Boy for the NES and he said yes. I found his website, but looking for it now, I can't find it. That's weird. If anyone is interested in contacting him, I can give you his e-mail.  He does, however have Linkedin. I sent him a request there.
I thought TomSoft may have published the game.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:42:13 AM by Doommaster1994 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Credits?
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 09:09:32 AM »
Yeah, I'd be interested in that. could you drop me a PM? thanks!
(btw, are you sure he's a he? It just occurred to me that Amy Chou could be the same person)