Author Topic: Chinese Makon Soft Games  (Read 1983 times)

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Chinese Makon Soft Games
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:22:56 AM »
On the BootlegGames wiki's page for Makon Soft  it claims that Pokemon Diamond Special Pikachu Edition, and Pokemon Jade Special Pikachu Edition have Chinese releases that are the full game as well as their cut down English releases. However, the only chinese release i know of for either of these games is the li cheng dump of Diamond on hhug, which aside from the start screen is the same, short game as the english version. Does anyone have any proof that longer, chinese versions of makon games actually exist?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Chinese Makon Soft Games
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 12:15:41 PM »
Not sure where that info originated from, I'm guessing it's talking about the Li Cheng versions?

The Li Cheng version of Diamond is technically 'longer' since it fixes the bug preventing you from finishing the first level, which was present in the English version and inherited from Super Mario Special 3 (where that level wasn't the first, but less of a problem in any case since you can select all levels from the start).

I don't know if there was an 'official' Chinese release of Diamond fixing the bug though, or if Li Cheng's was the only fixed one. And I have no clue about a Chinese release of Jade at all.

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Chinese Makon Soft Games
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 07:59:36 PM »
Thanks for the info, i have never actually made it to the end of the first level of Diamond so I wasn't aware that Li Cheng actually fixed the glitch. Idk why i thought for sure they hadn't. Perhaps a Li Cheng Jade release does exist somewhere?