Author Topic: (OLD) Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)  (Read 44596 times)

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »
NewRisingSun2
Nov 23 2017, 04:59:50 PM
forgotusername
Aug 10 2017, 10:36:48 PM
final version?[/quote]Naah. There's a whole world of VT03 hacks of many of these games to be discovered, extracted and catalogized. :)[/quote]AWESOME  =O  CAN I HAVE SOME OF THESE GAMES?
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 02:53:01 PM »
Can you calm down for once please?

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »
MLX
Nov 24 2017, 02:53:01 PM
Can you calm down for once please?[/quote]ok, sorry that i overreacted  /:)

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 08:32:33 PM »
Since VT03/09 is emulatable, I imagine this project will soon be updated wiht VT03/09 extracts?

Excellent work, forgotusername, thanks. And yeah kelvin donna, I feel you, lol. I was excited last night when i found out Vt03/09 was finally emulatable.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 04:09:54 AM »
Y2K05
Dec 6 2017, 08:32:33 PM
Since VT03/09 is emulatable, I imagine this project will soon be updated wiht VT03/09 extracts?

Excellent work, forgotusername, thanks. And yeah kelvin donna, I feel you, lol. I was excited last night when i found out Vt03/09 was finally emulatable. [/quote]As of now no, because there are no tools to actually extract the games currently. To remove games I would need:

A - an already existing vt03 rom that's at a specific file size and is NOT in .wxn format
B - vt03 support on fceux, which to my knowledge is the only emulator that features debugging (and even if there are others, the new vt03 emulator still doesn't)
C - a vt03 "tile editing" program (effectively these change graphics); this isn't COMPLETELY necessary but I wouldn't be able to rip everything without it, maybe like 10 games total

Either way in the next update I'll put all of the .wxn games and whatnot. But it'll be a while until I can genuinely rip games - I can get a handful out, but since I don't have a vt03 ROM to use as a basis there's no way to accurately recreate them.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 04:30:58 AM »
Nintendulator does have a debugger, although not as fully-featured as FCEUX'.

I have already started a function that extracts individual games from multicarts automatically, using the PRG bank mask register.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:34:57 AM by NewRisingSun2 »

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 01:47:46 PM »
forgotusername
Dec 7 2017, 04:09:54 AM
Y2K05
Dec 6 2017, 08:32:33 PM

Excellent work, forgotusername, thanks. And yeah kelvin donna, I feel you, lol. I was excited last night when i found out Vt03/09 was finally emulatable. [/quote]As of now no, because there are no tools to actually extract the games currently. To remove games I would need:

A - an already existing vt03 rom that's at a specific file size and is NOT in .wxn format
B - vt03 support on fceux, which to my knowledge is the only emulator that features debugging (and even if there are others, the new vt03 emulator still doesn't)
C - a vt03 "tile editing" program (effectively these change graphics); this isn't COMPLETELY necessary but I wouldn't be able to rip everything without it, maybe like 10 games total

Either way in the next update I'll put all of the .wxn games and whatnot. But it'll be a while until I can genuinely rip games - I can get a handful out, but since I don't have a vt03 ROM to use as a basis there's no way to accurately recreate them.[/quote]Oh yeah, i cant wait for the new version  /:)
NewRisingSun2
Dec 7 2017, 04:30:58 AM

I have already started a function that extracts individual games from multicarts automatically, using the PRG bank mask register.[/quote]do you maybe have a download link for that seperator?  :unsure:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:48:20 PM by kelvin donna »

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
It's in too early a stage for that.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 07:58:27 PM »
NewRisingSun2
Dec 7 2017, 04:30:58 AM

I have already started a function that extracts individual games from multicarts automatically, using the PRG bank mask register.[/quote]That sounds really neat. When do you think that update will be released? (not trying to rush you or anything, just curious) And would that be able to get games out from "protected" multicarts, where certain games can't be removed from the menu at all? (these aren't very common but I know the Power Joy 30-in-1 and Sachen-branded multicarts have it)

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 04:06:47 AM »
forgotusername

When do you think that update will be released? [/quote]The way I see this developing is that in order to test the feature, I will need to extract every individual game anyway, so it will be more efficient for me to post all individual games, one archive per multicart, and leave it to you to sort them out.
forgotusername

And would that be able to get games out from "protected" multicarts, where certain games can't be removed from the menu at all?[/quote]Not quite sure what you mean, but individual games extracted from copy-protected multicarts will still bear the copy protection and so must be run under the same (sub)mapper as the multicart. I had no problems extracting all 30 games from Power Joy Supermax 30-in-1. Some games use different reset offsets within the same individual ROM (e.g. Primitive Man vs. Primitive Woman), so for these games, I needed to patch the reset offset in one of the two variants. But that was no big deal.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:10:25 AM by NewRisingSun2 »

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 09:33:50 AM »
https://my.mixtape.moe/ayihyx.zip

Here's a Coolbaby RS-16 that someone dumped a while back. It has some VT02 games that can be ripped (and even VT03). Also, the VT03 games are not emulatable in Nintendoulator (12-02-2017), but the menu and most of the games are VT02.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 01:31:17 PM »
That ROM image uses a custom mapper register in addition to OneBus hardware, either for copy protection purposes, or simply to make it easier to put the larger games on a multicart. Either way, I will implement it as Mapper 270 in the next release of my personal Nintendulator build. That will of course mean that this cart as well will not run as a .BIN image.

In the meantime, you should be able to play most of the same VT03 games on the "Sport 130-in-1 (DGUN-2500)" multicart, which is already supported by the Nintendulator build that I already released.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:33:55 PM by NewRisingSun2 »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 06:23:23 PM »
NewRisingSun2
Dec 8 2017, 04:06:47 AM
Not quite sure what you mean, but individual games extracted from copy-protected multicarts will still bear the copy protection and so must be run under the same (sub)mapper as the multicart. I had no problems extracting all 30 games from Power Joy Supermax 30-in-1. Some games use different reset offsets within the same individual ROM (e.g. Primitive Man vs. Primitive Woman), so for these games, I needed to patch the reset offset in one of the two variants. But that was no big deal.[/quote]Yeah that's probably why. I'm not too familiar with mappers but I believe most of the time I tried to make them run on "basic" mappers like 0 and 4. Where will you be releasing the archives when they're complete?

Oh, and I should also mention that it's great to see that RS-16 dumped. I was actually gonna send that one in for dumping myself one day but never got around to doing it (on a side note I'm probably gonna send this to a ROM dumper soon among a few others) I would've had a field day with the RS-16 if it was released before RisingSun's extracter was announced. Kinda sad actually, all the memories of wasting hours ripping awful games from 2004 :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:39:44 PM by forgotusername »

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »
Who do you plan to send the stuff in to for dumping?  I got a 200-in-1 dreamGEAR plug'n'play today, and I also have a VG Pocket Max that I want dumped. i mean I can't send them over but just saying. And yeah I told someone about the Rs-16 in MAME irc, and that person then dumped it on forums.bannister.org.

Links: https://www.amazon.com/Arcade-Retroplay-Controller-Built-Video-Games/dp/B01A0LTPL8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512775241&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=dreamgear+200+in+1+plug%27n%27play

https://www.amazon.com/VG-Pocket-Max-Games-Electronic-Game/dp/B000BSNKTE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512775347&sr=8-2&keywords=Vg+Pocket+Max (Pretty rare, out of print for a decade).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:23:09 PM by Y2K05 »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »
Y2K05
Dec 8 2017, 07:19:27 PM
Who do you plan to send the stuff in to for dumping?  I got a 200-in-1 dreamGEAR plug'n'play today, and I also have a VG Pocket Max that I want dumped. i mean I can't send them over but just saying. And yeah I told someone about the Rs-16 in MAME irc, and that person then dumped it on forums.bannister.org.[/quote]I dunno yet, it depends on how much each dumper charges. I'm probably gonna go with Cah4e3 though, since he seems the most reliable. And don't bother sending in that DreamGEAR 200-in-1 - I'll probably send one of mine, as I've ended up with FOUR of those over the years. They like repackaging them in different cases to try and fool people into thinking they're different. Hell, there's even a 220 in 1 that is THE SAME MULTIGAME with a few more titles tacked on at the end! That's also the reason I'm sending in that 240-in-1 mini arcade - same situation as the 220.