Author Topic: (OLD) Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)  (Read 44597 times)

forgotusername

• View Profile
(OLD) Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:36:48 PM »
NOTE: Current binaries are now handled by NewRisingSun. Future revisions are now posted here (as of July 2020). The below dialogue and download links are from the previous February 2018 version.

(LAST UPDATE: 02/11/2018)

Project PLUG 'N PLAY is a collection of many bootleg plug 'n play games extracted from their multicarts - the majority of which I have done myself. Overtime this project will grow as more titles are discovered (it started as just one game, now its over 500!).

Inside the RAR file you will find six folders of games, the contents of which are detailed below (bonus points if you can figure out where their names come from):

Project BLEB: This is for games created by the company Nice Code Software. In addition to about 120 unique games, you will find many variations of said games (used as "repeat" titles on multigames) with different graphics, sounds, etc.

Project HUMM: This folder is for the Hummer Team titles. There's practically nothing in here but the games are actually pretty decent (more of "full-fledged" games compared to other stuff).

Project KUMM: Games from JungleTac. Currently NES-based stuff only - some of their consoles run on other hardware, which aren't fully emulatable yet (maybe one day...) The emulation on these titles is still a little incomplete, so a few games run with glitches, but for the most part they work fine.

Project KUCK: This is for hacked games from Inventor. Included are various hacks which attempt to hide old Nintendo games by changing around the features of them. Each hacked game comes with the original as well, so you can compare and contrast the differences between them.

Project BATH: Original plug 'n play games from Waixing. The majority of Waixing's games are actually reskinned Nice Code games; as such those are stored in BLEB; but their originally coded titles are in here.

Project GOOF: Everything else goes here. Either the companies that made these games aren't known or they aren't notable enough to receive a full game folder. Lots of bizarre stuff in here, mixed in with 15 million Dance Dance Revolution rip-offs.

To play these, you need a NES emulator; however, games marked "VT03" or "VT09" will require a specific emulator to run properly. If games are unmarked, they'll work in pretty much any emulator you put them in. Oh, and you'll need to install a free trial of the program WinRAR to open the ROMS up.

DOWNLOAD NEWEST VERSION: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nzwbvc6ymgpd1g5/Project%20PLUG%20%27N%20PLAY%2002-11-18.rar

<small>(Older archives are available under request, if you want them for some reason. If you're interested in these games, you may as well support the only plug 'n play company still around, My Arcade, and pick up one of their cheapo consoles so you feel less guilty for your crimes. Please don't scream at me to rip some random game you found because I probably can't. Enjoy your mediocre game collection I spent far too much time compiling.)</small>
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:02:58 PM by forgotusername »

ProBoTector23

Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »
forgotusername
Aug 10 2017, 10:36:48 PM
This is the first (and possibly last) release of two projects I've been working on for a few weeks. I found an easy (well, not necessarily easy, but less difficult than it usually is) way to extract games from multicarts; as such, I ripped every plug-n-play game I possibly could. Not everything is rippable unfortunately, but I got about 80% of all of the games currently available as ROMs.

Project BLEB is for the Nice Code games. There seems to be a problem with ripping games of a specific size (games that are 40K can be ripped fine, 24K games are hit or miss); either way, there are 136 ROMs, 99 of which are unique games. I couldn't make it to 100, amazingly.

Project KUCK is for the Inventor games, both hacks and originals. I only did a couple of these to be honest - around half of them are mine, while the rest were already ripped. 138 ROMs in this one, and 83 completely unique ones (I'm too lazy to count through the 100% unique hacks).

Don't expect an update for quite a while, but if another plug-n-play ever gets dumped I'll try to extract more games from it. Even if it can't be emulated, I can still attempt to extract games from it (the Nature Clan Sky Dreamer ROM came from a non-emulatable multicart, so its possible).

Project BLEB v1.0 Dowload: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rmf444txmipxoiw/Project+BLEB+v1.0.zip

Project KUCK v1.0 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6o9iaj8alp8d6om/Project+KUCK+v1.0.zip

(oh, and I had another account on here. I named it "idontcare" or something so I can't actually find it again. Oh well)[/quote]Thanks for the sharing of the ripped NES/Famicom hacks. I'm collecting them and there were many that were it was not in my collection yet.

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:21:23 AM »
I AM IN HEAVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »
UPDATE: Added about 30 new ROMS to Project BLEB (now its version 1.5 even though that makes no logical sense). As of now this is about as far as I can go with both projects - practically nothing else is rippable from here, and unless another multicart is dumped, other ROMs cannot be extracted. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6o9iaj8alp8d6om/Project+KUCK+v1.0.zip

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 04:34:33 AM »
forgotusername
Aug 13 2017, 06:03:45 PM
UPDATE: Added about 30 new ROMS to Project BLEB (now its version 1.5 even though that makes no logical sense). As of now this is about as far as I can go with both projects - practically nothing else is rippable from here, and unless another multicart is dumped, other ROMs cannot be extracted. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6o9iaj8alp8d6om/Project+KUCK+v1.0.zip[/quote]
forgotusername
Aug 13 2017, 06:03:45 PM
UPDATE: Added about 30 new ROMS to Project BLEB (now its version 1.5 even though that makes no logical sense). As of now this is about as far as I can go with both projects - practically nothing else is rippable from here, and unless another multicart is dumped, other ROMs cannot be extracted. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6o9iaj8alp8d6om/Project+KUCK+v1.0.zip[/quote]DUDE, YOU ARE MY HERO, YOU GAVE ME A BUNCH OF GAMES, AND I HAVE FOUND ALL THE GAMES I EVER NEED,I LOVE YOU :)  :lol:  cool:  :D  :wub:  :clap:  :yay:  :dance:  :thumb:  :hug:

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 01:45:28 PM »
What are the Kinnikuman hacks?

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:10:26 AM »
HUGE update to the project - see top post for details. Or just download the update here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1rs667q44hdfm53/Project+PLUG+%27N+PLAY+%28BLEB%2BGOOF%2BKUCK%29.rar

ProBoTector23

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »
forgotusername
Nov 7 2017, 01:10:26 AM
HUGE update to the project - see top post for details. Or just download the update here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1rs667q44hdfm53/Project+PLUG+%27N+PLAY+%28BLEB%2BGOOF%2BKUCK%29.rar[/quote]Thanks for sharing! :)

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »
forgotusername
Nov 7 2017, 01:10:26 AM
HUGE update to the project - see top post for details. Or just download the update here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1rs667q44hdfm53/Project+PLUG+%27N+PLAY+%28BLEB%2BGOOF%2BKUCK%29.rar[/quote]BOY AM I HAVING FANCY PARTS OF BOOTLEG GAMING  >;)

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 01:32:26 PM »

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:50 PM »
Here are fixed versions of Attacking (INTV Hover Force) and INTV Vectron. Attacking with correct sound (such as it were, from WXN version) and a non-garbled score when pressing Select, and Vectron with correct graphics during gameplay (extracted the second 8K CHR ROM bank from Waixing 120-in-1 multicart).

Also notice my fix for Five Kids (aka Wonder Rabbit).

Attachments:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:00:10 AM by NewRisingSun2 »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 11:12:18 PM »
NewRisingSun2
Nov 13 2017, 11:54:50 PM
Here are fixed versions of Attacking (INTV Hover Force) and INTV Vectron. Attacking with correct sound (such as it were, from WXN version) and a non-garbled score when pressing Select, and Vectron with correct graphics during gameplay (extracted the second 8K CHR ROM bank from Waixing 120-in-1 multicart).[/quote]Great job getting these fixed, especially Vectron! I actually really needed a file with Vectron's correct coding so I could rip some other games (Hitting Mices, Edacity Snakes, etc.), which will be in the next update, whenever that is.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:12:07 PM by forgotusername »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 11:25:29 PM »

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 07:52:16 AM »
forgotusername
v2.0 - final version?[/quote]well 2.0 is not really the final version, you have still some games to dump:

First defender (Space armada hack)
Baseball new (World championship baseball hack)
Aerial warfare (Desert Falcon hack)
Panzer fly car (road fighter hack)

also, all these 4 games are just on the dreamgear 200 in 1 retro play console
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:52:59 AM by kelvin donna »

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 04:59:50 PM »
forgotusername
final version?[/quote]Naah. There's a whole world of VT03 hacks of many of these games to be discovered, extracted and catalogized. :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:00:27 PM by NewRisingSun2 »