Author Topic: Top Hunter  (Read 2916 times)

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
Top Hunter
« on: July 25, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »
I'm having trouble running this lightgun game in emulators. It's on the Asder 20-in-1 multicart. No matter how often I shoot the screen, the game doesn't start, not to mention that the control pad buttons have no effect. Is the game just bugged, does it use the zapper in a way that emulators don't support, or am I supposed to do something completely else?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Top Hunter
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »
You have to shoot the fox on the title screen, it works for me in FCEUX like that. I don't have the cart anymore but I definitely remember it working on real (clone) hardware with a standard FC expansion port clone gun too.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
Top Hunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:21:39 PM »
It turns out that I have to set FCEUX' emulation to "Old PPU". It does not work with the default "New PPU". I have successfully extracted the game from the multicart to try it in other emulators that lack support for the multicart's mapper (while making sure it works in FCEUX with Old PPU emulation), and Nintendulator, Nestopia, FCEUX with New PPU emulation and puNES all fail to emulate the light gun in this game properly enough to get past the title screen: they don't even show the red/yellow gunshot sprite. MAME 0.181 shows the sprite, but not in the right position.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:33:05 PM by NewRisingSun2 »