Author Topic: Incredibly strange question  (Read 2980 times)

Niiue

• View Profile
Incredibly strange question
« on: February 02, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »
Does anyone know how one would go about purchasing one of the companies behind pirate games? Just out of curiosity.

/not entirely serious

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »
one of the companies? uh well I guess find one that's still in business (not many are) then go out to China/Taiwan with a bunch of money and see if they'll sell up

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:51:23 AM »
You'd track down the people that ran the company and then make a business proposition. Considering the vast majority of those companies are long dead, I doubt you'd have a hard time getting someone to give rights to you so long as you had a very good offer. And that's where it likely wouldn't happen because I doubt any random person is going to have enough money for such a thing.

If by some chance you were actually serious and have real business money, let us know :P

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
One or two people have managed this in some way. SuperFighterTeam's Brandon Cobb comes to mind. He purchased the rights to some C&E titles as well as Panda Entertainment (iirc).

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 05:00:55 AM »
Let it in the past mate.  No need for more Pabich bullshit, and a few others come to mind as well.

Niiue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 06:27:25 AM »
MLX
Feb 5 2017, 05:18:26 PM
One or two people have managed this in some way. SuperFighterTeam's Brandon Cobb comes to mind. He purchased the rights to some C&E titles as well as Panda Entertainment (iirc).[/quote]Any idea how much it cost him? While not necessary, I'd like to have an idea of how much of my studio's budget I'm going to spend on strange things.