Author Topic: [QUESTION] Would you rather buy a NES Classic Edition (Famicom Mini) or a Famiclone?  (Read 2855 times)

IAmJefferson_2001

• View Profile
Hello retrogamers! cool:
This is a question/poll thread if you would rather buy and play a NES Classic Edition (Famicom Mini) or a Famiclone. The rules on the question are clear and simple:
  • Discussions will only be related and connected to the question's topic.
  • Don't swear as usual.
  • Older Famiclones (known as UMC-based) are also allowed.
  • Handheld Famiclones are also allowed, but please no MP5 handhelds, Retro-Bit Generations and any other emulation-based console clones.

So let's start this discussion.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:43:39 AM by IAmJefferson_2001 »

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
I actually have an NES and a famicole, so i think i would buy a NES mini for some of the games that's today are too expensive here (the retrocollector mania hits hard here, and the prices sky rocketted to the absurd). In the other hand, as a bootlegs fan, a famiclone is a cheap, useful alternative to have.

TALUIGI

• View Profile
My Dynavision with Famicom Flashcart. B)

Ninjinister

• View Profile
I think I'd like to have a Famicom Mini for Yie Ar Kung-Fu and Pac-Man. I mean, I already have access to these games otherwise but... I dunno...

Quote:

Don't swear as usual.
[/quote]

wat

Sino Morior

• View Profile
NES Classic is absurdly overpriced, uses a Raspberry Pi, a proprietary and bad controller (the controller is the same one that the Wii Classic Controller does... with a two foot wire -_-), and no possibility of new games.

If I'm going to be emulating anyway, a Famiclone or something is the way to go. Doesn't really seem to be much better than the RetroFreak. Want to play backups? You can. ROMs? You can, but I'm not endorsing it. Real carts? You can.

You can even dump your real carts, although I think it's a proprietary dump that only the RetroFreak can read. PC emulators don't recognize them as valid ROMs. Handy if you, you know, don't wanna keep the cart in all day.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:55:52 PM by Sino Morior »