Author Topic: Project: emailing C&E  (Read 2964 times)

MLX

• View Profile
Project: emailing C&E
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »
So recently I heard of a team making homebrew games for bunch of consoles. And that team (named: Super Fighter Team) got rights on bunch of C&E stuff. in 2001. I know it's a long time but it seems C&E could still be active. So my hopes are: contacting the Super Fighter Team and ask them for the email of C&E (email must be polite as hell to get more hopes). If they give it to us, we should be able to contact them and ask them bunch of questions. I know it sounds stupid but it could work. The things we need:

people writing a very polite email asking SFT team to give us C&E email (if they still have one) and explain why we ask for it.
If the result is good then we just need someone that write in Chinese (Did I write Barver here ?) and translate questions and why we asks them.
Hope to get an answer from them.

What we could learn if it works:
Names of developpers, games made and unreleased ones, maybe they still have some stock left so we could buy it/buy protos (I'm crazy, yes but everything can happen), Hummer Team ?, conditions of work (good, bad, earn lot of money, poor, things like that).
So what I'm asking you is could you help me writing that email for Super Fighter Team. Engrish isn't the best way to ask for stuff... Also Barver would you agree to translate the questions if we get C&E email ?

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »
I...might. I don't know awfully a lot about C&E but I could write the letter maybe if no one else wants to.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:14 AM »
Could be an interesting thing to do - Brandon Cobb, the president of Super Fighter Team, seems quite knowledgeable about C&Es history judging from interviews and forum posts and whatnot. So I'd guess that C&E (or at least whichever former staff members he deals with if they're not in business anymore) are quite open about their history (as opposed to Gamtec - SFT licensed Legend of Wukong from them but Cobb mentioned somewhere IIRC that he couldnt get any info out of them about their old products.. and I tried contacting them through Barver, they basically just said that no one from that era worked there anymore and they couldnt tell me anything). So yeah, I'd be willing to help.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:26:10 AM »
Great. I'll send a PM this evening to you both about how the email should be.
PM sent to taizou. and KingPepe on skype.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:49:17 PM by MLX »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »
I'd be willing to help with the Chinese mail to C&E. Definitely don't want to talk to Brandon though. That guy is a certified arrogant asshole, I'll be surprised if he even helps really, and we've clashed personally a few times already. He does seem to apparently have a lot of connections though, I recall him saying he knew who developed Rockman X3 on Genesis for example(might be Gamtec?).

I messaged Gamtec recently again asking lots of info, only to get the same response about the current company not having any old employees or materials.  Probably was the same email taizou had and I didn't recognize it.