Author Topic: ROM dumps of games - Anyone here collect them?  (Read 4999 times)

trenton_net

• View Profile
ROM dumps of games - Anyone here collect them?
« on: August 11, 2016, 10:53:31 PM »
Hey everyone,

I haven't really visited the forums here as much as I would like, but I figured I would ask if anyone has been maintaining a collection of ROM dumps for various games (Multi-carts, Waixing, Nanjing, etc)? The reason I ask is because recently I was thinking that if no one really archives these things now, they might be lost and forgotten in the future. Especially since some of these manufactures have called it quits on making any new Chinese originals. Because of that reason, I decided to start my own website to try and preserve and catalogue these files (https://www.supercom32.net)

Essentially, I'm trying to build up a resource of ROMs, BIOS files, documentation, tools, and obscure Chinese games in an effort to save them and create a central repository where people can find this information in the future. If anyone has information they would like to have archived, please feel free to let me know. I would be happy to include them so they don't get lost in the future!

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 11:35:07 PM »
I am Member No. 9 on that forum now! It's nice to have a comprehensive site for bootleg ROMs.

ProBoTector23

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 05:01:07 AM »
I started to collect nes hacks few years ago. These so hacks which appeared cartridges. Homebrew hacks is not in the collection.

www.mediafire.com/neshacks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:02:13 AM by ProBoTector23 »

trenton_net

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »
Ah, thanks for the reply! I'd definitely like to archive your files as I'm sure not everyone was being as diligent as you in terms of collecting hacks. Unfortunately I don't have a Mediafire pro account, so I can't really do any bulk downloading. Do you happen to have an archive with all of them in it or some thing that is easy to backup?

ProBoTector23

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »
trenton_net
Aug 12 2016, 10:26:47 AM
Ah, thanks for the reply! I'd definitely like to archive your files as I'm sure not everyone was being as diligent as you in terms of collecting hacks. Unfortunately I don't have a Mediafire pro account, so I can't really do any bulk downloading. Do you happen to have an archive with all of them in it or some thing that is easy to backup?[/quote]You're welcome! You don't need Mediafire account to the download, without also can be the hacks download.

trenton_net

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »
So I was able to use JDownloader for Linux to batch download all the ROM images! However, there are at least 40 files which appear to be failing the SHA256 CRC checks. I guess the CRC reported initially doesn't match what the server has on hand? I don't know if you can do anything about it, but I thought I would let you know.

PS: Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way for me to export that list. I suppose you'll have to take a closer investigation on your end if you plan to sort it out. But that's what JDownloader says anyway.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:55:03 PM by trenton_net »

ProBoTector23

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 05:37:33 AM »
trenton_net
Aug 12 2016, 10:49:36 PM
So I was able to use JDownloader for Linux to batch download all the ROM images! However, there are at least 40 files which appear to be failing the SHA256 CRC checks. I guess the CRC reported initially doesn't match what the server has on hand? I don't know if you can do anything about it, but I thought I would let you know.

PS: Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way for me to export that list. I suppose you'll have to take a closer investigation on your end if you plan to sort it out. But that's what JDownloader says anyway.[/quote]You use Linux? Try not wholly, but also separately download the ROM files. I do not really know Linux OS, because I never used it (I use Windows 7).

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 09:27:35 AM »
Well, maybe you could use Wine? It's a pretty effective way to run Windows programs on Linux.
"May the Schwartz be with you"
                                       -Yogurt

trenton_net

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 09:30:19 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was able to download the files just fine. I was just reporting that some files have bad CRC values as being reported by the server (The file sent to Mediafire does not match the CRC). So I suspect some of the files were corrupted as it was being uploaded to the server? But only a small handful were like that, so it wasn't a big deal. I ended up adding most of them to the download section of R.G.B.A!

https://www.supercom32.net/forums/index.php?/files/category/26-commercial-hacks/

I also made a special shout out to you piratenesgames on the forums for your contribution. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:39:55 PM by trenton_net »

Goban

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 10:50:06 AM »
piratenesgames
Aug 12 2016, 05:01:07 AM
I started to collect nes hacks few years ago. These so hacks which appeared cartridges. Homebrew hacks is not in the collection.

www.mediafire.com/neshacks[/quote]Love the Hacks, but it would make it easier if you put all the hacks into a single folder because when ever you are downloading them and you click on a folder and get the ones you want when you go back to select the next folder you have to start over and re: scroll down the list to get to the folder you want instead of it taking you back to the last folder you used.  Is okay as is but is a pain.  lol

ProBoTector23

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »
trenton_net
Aug 14 2016, 09:30:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I was able to download the files just fine. I was just reporting that some files have bad CRC values as being reported by the server (The file sent to Mediafire does not match the CRC). So I suspect some of the files were corrupted as it was being uploaded to the server? But only a small handful were like that, so it wasn't a big deal. I ended up adding most of them to the download section of R.G.B.A!

https://www.supercom32.net/forums/index.php?/files/category/26-commercial-hacks/

I also made a special shout out to you piratenesgames on the forums for your contribution. Thanks again! [/quote]You're very welcome, another time also! ;) I look see which files are damaged and repair then!
Goban
Aug 15 2016, 10:50:06 AM
piratenesgames
Aug 12 2016, 05:01:07 AM

www.mediafire.com/neshacks[/quote]Love the Hacks, but it would make it easier if you put all the hacks into a single folder because when ever you are downloading them and you click on a folder and get the ones you want when you go back to select the next folder you have to start over and re: scroll down the list to get to the folder you want instead of it taking you back to the last folder you used.  Is okay as is but is a pain.  lol

[/quote]I wanted to do a RAR file into which has included in all so far hacks only unfortunately I'm lazy to do it. Soon I'll do it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:05:44 PM by ProBoTector23 »

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 11:03:15 AM »
piratenesgames, I noticed the Contra Force folder contains C The Adventure. This is a homebrew hack, as it never appeared on cartridge. Super Contra 7 is missing New Contra and Super Fight I; maybe New Contra is the original and the other 3 are hacks of idk.

ProBoTector23

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »
iniche
Aug 16 2016, 11:03:15 AM
piratenesgames, I noticed the Contra Force folder contains C The Adventure. This is a homebrew hack, as it never appeared on cartridge. Super Contra 7 is missing New Contra and Super Fight I; maybe New Contra is the original and the other 3 are hacks of idk.[/quote]C The Adventure is a homebrew hack? This unfortunately, I didn't know, thanks for the info! New Contra and Super Fight I wherefore missing because no even separate roms. If will be, I upload them!

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 10:23:54 AM »
Lol, Super Fight 1 from certain Bensheng multicart is still unripped as seperate ROM? I once tried but didn't boot.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:33:41 AM by KAGE-008 »

ProBoTector23

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 12:22:10 PM »
KAGE-008
Aug 29 2016, 10:23:54 AM
Lol, Super Fight 1 from certain Bensheng multicart is still unripped as seperate ROM? I once tried but didn't boot.[/quote]Yes, still unripped as seperate ROM.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:23:07 PM by ProBoTector23 »