Author Topic: New Contra Function 168-in-1 Multicart  (Read 2317 times)

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
    • http://famicloneblog.wordpress.com
New Contra Function 168-in-1 Multicart
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »
Hi,

I was going through some ROMs of bootleg multicarts. and I found this one "New Contra Function 168-in-1", which has some weird hacks of old NES/Famicom games. (I've attached a ROM.) Some of the hacks include hacks of Tetris that replace the blocks with copyright symbols, and hacks of Super Mario Bros. that make the scrolling all jumpy and modify some of the graphics, and things like speedup hacks of Galaxian and Pac-Man. :)

The interface is somewhat higher quality than other multicarts, other than the slow scrolling. Pressing start on the multicart menu will show a screen saying how to pick games and stuff. Also, in a couple of games, it has a screen asking you how many times you want to play the game. After you play the number of times you selected, it will take you back to the menu screen. Also the indicator for what game you have selected is a spaceship, which flies across the screen after you pick the game.

So, pretty interesting. Does anybody know more about what company made this multicart or have pictures of the actual cartridge? That would be interesting.