Author Topic: Help! PAP-KIII weird handheld I bought  (Read 3043 times)

theunoticeable

• View Profile
Help! PAP-KIII weird handheld I bought
« on: January 31, 2016, 02:55:59 AM »
Bought this ugly turd back in 2010. It's pretty much useless, plays games RARELY, though it has directories for MVS/NES/SFC/SMS etc.
It has directories for APPS3d, which contained shareware versions of duke nukem 3d and some others. None of which actually work.
Games either fail to open or freeze, the start button (which most games require to...start...) is linked to the in console emulator "exit" button. So fairly useless.
The internal firmware itself is horribly done, barely in english, and has no REAL settings. It does has an update function however firmware for this thing does not exist, and the company website brings up "you lost the internet" 404 page.
I've seen two videos about this unit, one of which is my own (link below) and one of which is a guy who seems as confused as I am. He does take it apart and says there's the same chip as a dingoo, but I highly doubt it.
Does anyone know anything? Anything at all about this handheld? There's got to be more than two of these in existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAM9TCFeb0Y