Author Topic: Black Widow  (Read 2247 times)

KimKaphwanAndKnuckles

• View Profile
Black Widow
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:02:54 PM »
I'm a newbie to the forum and to hacking/producing unlicensed games generally, but for a while, I've been working on this.

This is a Genesis platformer, running on the same engine as Mulan, hence using some of its substages and music, and is loosely based on Avengers: Age of Ultron. You play as Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff from the Marvel universe, through 4 levels with each 2-3 or slightly more substages. The music is mostly from Barver Battle Saga, although some others tracks are from Mulan. Like Mulan, many resources are stolen from other Genesis games. (The boss theme, save for the final boss, is "Danger" from BBS)

The controls are spot-on and direct, but there is no support for the Genesis 6-button joypad, much like VFVST2. Romanoff punches with the A button, and kicks with the B button, while the C button jumps.

Stage 1 - Upstate New York. This stage has four sections: First you fight through hostile Shield employees (with the new Shield HQ in the background) Second, you progress through two heavily altered substages from Mulan. Fourth, you battle Nick Fury. Graphics in this level are stolen from the intro of Spirou for the Genesis. This stage's theme is "Walking Around" from BBS.

Stage 2 - Sokovia. Here you fight through hostile Sokovians, and later Tony Stark/Iron Man. This stage's theme is "Sacred Temple" from BBS. Graphics are modified and stolen from Comix Zone.

Stage 3 - Seoul. In this stage you progress through Seoul, fighting against hostile Seoulites and later Thor as a boss. You also have to save Helen.

Stage 4 - Home. This stage, set around Hawkeye's safehouse, is the last and hardest of the game, where you fight against Ultron. The game then cuts to a screen of Romanoff sitting in front of a sunset with the word "FIN" above. The boss theme here is the final boss one from Mulan. Note that here, Ultron acts as the boss of the stage; there is no sub-boss.
I tried to piece the original print together with a rage comic maker, this is the best I can do.
In case you're wondering, the Chinese text at the bottom reads: "Black Widow" in Simplified Chinese.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:36:12 PM by KimKaphwanAndKnuckles »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Black Widow
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »
I feel like I'm a bit late but would you happen to have any screenshots or sprites for the game as a proof-of-concept? :)

KimKaphwanAndKnuckles

• View Profile
Black Widow
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 02:48:18 PM »
No, none at all, just a random idea :P
EDIT: I did enclose a photo of a proposed cartridge. :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:51:51 PM by KimKaphwanAndKnuckles »