Author Topic: Games that need redumping from original cartiridges  (Read 1708 times)

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Games that need redumping from original cartiridges
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:37:07 AM »
Game boy

Gowin

Amazing robot (the graphic banks have got switched around when dumped. So the cartridge uses a special board and uses it for the game. while anything in between the circuit and main board is unused. So the rom is trying to acccess the central board which is unused. That is why it hangs up when selecting the second and third option on the title screen. The reason why it does not hang up on the first option is because it is trying to access the main board on bgb. But only loads the circuit board on vba. So it is when the circuit board and main board are combined into one cartridge and the central board is gone. That is when the rom works properly on both emulators.)
magic monkey (Actually this game actually comes in the same cartridge as amazing robot. So it is the same thing. It is only when the central board is gone. And when the circuit board and main board are combined into one cartridge. That is when the rom works on emulators.)
Fire dragon (Actually this is just a copyright screen hack.)
Lost trip (Actually this is just a copyright screen hack.)
Rainbow prince (Actually the copyright screen is present. It is just i thought it was flickering. That is why i wanted a redump.)
magic ball (Actually this is just a copyright screen hack.)
prince yehrude (Actually this is just a copyright screen hack.)
Tu dou e long: tian dou wang (this is a waixing game published by gowin and the rom dump does not use original chinese characters while the undumped rom finally uses original chinese characters. Though they are just the subtitle of the game i am listing here translated back into taiwanese.)

Yong yong

Pokemon ruby (This game is actually just a lazy hack of mewtwo strikes back for the gbc.
Donkey kong 5 (This game is actually just a lazy hack of donkey kong land 2 for the nes.)
Sonic adventure 8 (This game is actually just a lazy palette hack of sonic 3d blast 5 because it turns out sonic adventure 7 is a pirate original released around 2000. So what that means is that yong yong had to hack their 1998 game instead.)
ying xiong tian xia (this game is actually a pirate original roughly based on street fighter iv by hummer team. While it still features characters from snk vs capcom for neo geo pocket color. The sprites have been changed and the backgrounds are more detailed in this game. The only reason why it needs to be dumped again is so that the title screen graphics are hacked back inside the rom or someone hacks them back in it.)

Vast fame

digimon 3 crystal version (while this game did get dumped. It needs to be verified as there are bugs in both li cheng releases of the game. Ironically they are from hacking the taiwanese cartridge instead of creating the rom from scratch. So i need someone to fix the rom or dump the taiwanese release of this game.)
San guo zhi (this game freezes before you enter the second city in the game. To fix it i have to verify if all the rom got dumped from the taiwanese cartridge or if i need to get someone to dump it again.)
Shi kong xing shou (I need this redumped because while the fixed rom works fine. The music does glitch a lot while ingame. So i need it redumped just so it stops glitching.)
Zook hero 2 (Actually the only thing left in li cheng's version is to port back the bosses from zook hero 1 back into the game.)
Zook hero 1 (Actually the only thing left in li cheng's version is to port back the title screen from vast fame's version.
Harry potter 2 (Actually this is just a taiwanese release or title screen hack of harry potter 2 by vast fame. While the rom is in english. It needs to be translated back into taiwanese anyway.
Crazy monopoly 1 (This game has label variations but actually there is a save game bug that needs to be fixed by dumping the taiwanese cartridge instead.)
Crazy monopoly 2 (There are label variations but no title screen hacks of this game)

Hong kong

The legend of zelda:link's awakening dx (actually this is the title screen hack by li cheng. Not the taiwanese release of the game. While the rom works it fails to display it's graphics or boot up properly. So i need someone to fix the rom or dump the cartridge again. As a soul falchion cartridge by the same company got dumped already. It is a title screen hack and works properly unlike this title screen hack that did get dumped.)
2 in 1 pokemon gold + pokemon silver (Actually this game works properly it is just that the graphics need to be rearranged inside the rom.)
Harvest moon 3 (Actually this game works properly until you finished entering your name.)

Skob

King of fighters R-2 (This game is just a graphics update of quan ba tian xia by sintax. The rom works properly already. But the taiwanese cartridge needs to be dumped or someone needs to hack the title screen graphics back into li cheng's version of it.)

Sintax

Metal max (ironically the graphics from harvest moon 1 for game boy is inside the rom. But it is actually the taiwanese release not the japanese version. Unlike the other roms by sintax. The graphics for the harvest moon game is complete in this rom. So maybe sintax have a prequel to the first game released in both japan and taiwan then?)
Harry potter 1 (Actually the reason why i need a redump is because the game hangs when loading the intro after the game over screen loads on a emulator.)

Gameboy advance

gowin

ying xiong 3 (The graphic banks have got switched after the rom got dumped. So it comes in the same cartridge as amazing robot by the same company.)

Yong yong

shu ma bao long: tu dou pian (Actually on real hardware it runs at the same speed as rockman x3 by the same company. But on emulators it is running slow because i think it is trying to load more graphics. But it can't because the ppu has got switched around in the rom.)

Hong kong

tian dou wu shang (Actually this game is just a english translation of shu ma bao long: tu dou pian by yong yong. So of course if possible i want a real dump of the cartridge just like the other game. Not just a endless screen of useless zeros in my hex editor. Also if possible i think the cartridge needs to be taken apart just like the other game. And it needs to be disassembled manually and when done it needs to be dumped with a real rom dumper by someone else. Not a flashcart that the non working rom came from.)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:36:33 PM by RVVD4029 »

Rocman X

• View Profile
Games that need redumping from original cartiridges
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 08:07:48 PM »
Most of these games are HACKS, not bad dumps, so why do they need to be redumped if they're good dumps of hacked version of the games?

Donkey Kong 5 isn't a hack of Donkey Kong Land 2 (Game Boy, not NES), but an original port of Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) that has nothing to do with the official version, Donkey Kong Land 3.

That glitch in Harry Potter probably happens on real hardware, but I don't have the game yet, so I'm not sure, but it's very likely.