Author Topic: Monsters, Inc.  (Read 4005 times)

MonstersInc

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:58:18 AM »
I just recently found out about a Mega Drive game that was made by some Russian company. It is based off of the 2001 animated Disney/Pixar film called Monsters, Inc. The thing is, it barely resembles the movie in any way whatsoever. The reason being, the game they built it off of has a Halloween theme to it, and the movie has a more kid friendly approach to things. The following was changed in order to make it a different "game":

1. Pretty much the whole game was translated to Russian.
2. Opening cutscene was changed from an island to a door (doors appear frequently in the movie)
3. The character shown in the cutscenes is changed to Mike.
6. The title screen now has the Monsters, Inc. logo, though the colors are incorrect and the I in Inc is lowercase so it says, "MONSTERS, iNC"
5. The main character you control (Chuck D. Head) is now Mike.

Now for some pictures.
Here is a picture of the box and cartridge:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Here is a picture of the back of the box:
Spoiler: click to toggle

That's all.

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »
I guess you found this on eBay?

MonstersInc

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:06:54 PM »
Actually, the pictures came from various websites.

TALUIGI

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »
Hmmm... The Photo's From The Back Cover Is Familiar... I renember playing in a Tectoy's MegaDrive. Thing. hm.

recorderdude

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
It's a spritswapped hack of "Decap Attack".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YpxkphszDo

MonstersInc

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »
Guys. I just got somebody to translate the back of the box for me, and this is what the story is about:

Action of the game takes place in the city Monstropolice where different monsters of different shapes and sizes live. Monster Mike works on the biggest "scary" corporation - Monsters Inc as a children scarer. After unsuccessful teleportation he became locked in other worlds (universes) and the door of teleportation was stolen and scattered. He needs to find all pieces of the door, to gather the pieces and to come back. But insidious villains are trying to interfere (destroy his plan or prevent it).

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 07:12:23 PM »
MonstersInc
Feb 5 2015, 03:17:53 PM
Guys. I just got somebody to translate the back of the box for me, and this is what the story is about:

Action of the game takes place in the city Monstropolice where different monsters of different shapes and sizes live. Monster Mike works on the biggest "scary" corporation - Monsters Inc as a children scarer. After unsuccessful teleportation he became locked in other worlds (universes) and the door of teleportation was stolen and scattered. He needs to find all pieces of the door, to gather the pieces and to come back. But insidious villains are trying to interfere (destroy his plan or prevent it).[/quote]Better than the Movie's plot.

MonstersInc

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 10:06:55 PM »
TheTetrisman
Feb 5 2015, 07:12:23 PM
MonstersInc
Feb 5 2015, 03:17:53 PM

Action of the game takes place in the city Monstropolice where different monsters of different shapes and sizes live. Monster Mike works on the biggest "scary" corporation - Monsters Inc as a children scarer. After unsuccessful teleportation he became locked in other worlds (universes) and the door of teleportation was stolen and scattered. He needs to find all pieces of the door, to gather the pieces and to come back. But insidious villains are trying to interfere (destroy his plan or prevent it).[/quote]Better than the Movie's plot.[/quote]I will regret saying this, but I agree.

Edit: I got the whole first cutscene (with the scientist and the enemy named Max D. Cap) translated. It is pretty much the same as the back of the box. But, here it is if you're interested:

Scientist:
Monster Mike was locked in other universes and the teleportation door was stolen and scattered. He must find all its pieces.

Max D. Cap:
He needs to collect them and come back. But insidious villians are trying to stop him. Press the start button.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:31:25 AM by MonstersInc »

KILLA_PINK_E

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 09:22:29 AM »

TALUIGI

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 07:05:37 AM »
It don't even got anything related to the movie! AWESOME! (or not)

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »
Here is where you can buy a copy.  ;)

GBElias

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 11:04:29 PM »
TheTetrisman
Apr 27 2015, 07:32:17 PM
Here is where you can buy a copy.  ;) [/quote]Does that site even ship outside of Russia?  :|

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
Monsters, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 12:32:03 PM »
GBElias
Apr 27 2015, 11:04:29 PM
TheTetrisman
Apr 27 2015, 07:32:17 PM
Here is where you can buy a copy.  ;) [/quote]Does that site even ship outside of Russia?  :| [/quote]Not sure about that, I never bought anything from it before.  :pandaaway: