Author Topic: My YouTube RetroChannel  (Read 1868 times)

Micael Alighieri

• View Profile
My YouTube RetroChannel
« on: December 23, 2014, 08:01:08 AM »
As one of the thousand fans of CrashManEXE, I was a guy who used to like to go to his YouTube's channel and enjoy its vast amount of gameplays about pirated, rare, radical and crappy games. It seems that CrashManEXE's videos collection took years to be what it finally was and, one day, with his withdrawal, almost every one of them disappeared from the net. Even with the existence of other channels about retrogames, CrashManEXE's showed a different style and a different way of showing the games, so I think that the event was a serious loss. It didn't only implied a masive loss of videos, but also of information (or at least, an easy way to know about it) and a rupture of the connection between every person who would be interested in discovering more about this amazing mini-world of retrogames.

Last May, I bought a wireless joystick and, with the desire to rebuild a new retro-experience like CrashManEXE's one, I decided to open a new YouTube channel. My videos aren't exactly at the same style that most of us used to enjoy, but the style is very similar and I tried to follow some specific rules for every video:

Categories: that means that there's a certain order in the videos and that not all games are suitable for display.
I will never speak in the videos: the idea is to bring an almost intact audio experience, there are a lot of videos with a guy speaking, but sometimes is even hard to find one without a guy making comments at every part of the video.
Text comments: with the idea of showing or commenting about a game, every video will have comments at the bottom part of the screen.
Universal Language: well, this is obvious if I try to expand the experience the most I can.
Safety: I have a copy of every video I uploaded before so, if there was a Copyright issue (it seems ridiculous, but it might happen), I would be able to re-upload them to another site. Anyways, the videos are also considered as a way to learn about videogames industries and its consequences in our culture and economy (such as the fact that clones of old consoles were still sold some years ago, and also today), so it can also be considered as a way to have an alternative education.

I know that I'm not an expert about retro games, but if you want to revive the experience and take park of it (following the channel, helping with information about pirated games shown or suggesting other games for the future), here you have a link to the channel, and also, a sample of my videos.

>>Access to the channel<<

Thank you for your attention, every help will be appreciated. I'm sorry if this kind of topics aren't allowed in the forums...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:07:12 AM by Micael Alighieri »

TALUIGI

• View Profile
My YouTube RetroChannel
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »
Welcome, To the forums. Also good channel. you gonna like here, i was guest here since 2012, but only registered in 2014 .