Author Topic: Multigame carts don't fully work on my snes  (Read 4480 times)

srmoska

• View Profile
Multigame carts don't fully work on my snes
« on: October 29, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »
A few months ago a guy sold me 2 Snes games, one of them was a 6 in 1 multi game (those ones with a blue selection screen), the list is something like this:

1. Mortal Kombat 4 (Ultimate MK3)
2. Dragon Ball 3
3. World Cup Soccer
4. Top Gear
5. Bomber Man
6. Tom & Jerry

The game boots fine and I can move on the menu, but I can only get to play the first game on the list (MK3) when I choose the other games I get a black screen or the game freezes so I thought it was a defective cart but kept it cuz I wanted the mortal kombat game... sometimes I had trouble even booting MK3 getting a black screen

a couple weeks ago on my local flea market a guy sold me another multigame cart, this time it's a 7 in 1 (with a blue menu too) the games in this list are:

1. International Super Star Soccer
2. Top Gear 2
3. Final Fight
4. Teenage Mutant ninja turles IV
5. Aladdin
6. Galaxy Wars
7. Puzzle Bubble

This time I can only play the first 3 games from the list, with the other games I get blacks screen and freezes like with the other cart.

I have a SNS-CPU-GPM-02 (1993) SNES console (NSTC-US)

Can anybody tell me if there's a problem with my console? Original carts work just fine tested with games like DOOM, Super Mario RPG, TMNT IV, Vortex, MK2, Bootleg DBZ3, Super Game Boy, and many mor games

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
That's a shame, How old is your SNES?

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 03:02:23 AM »
I wouldn't say its a problem with the console and is probably an error with the games themselves, especially if they are older.

SNES clones are not even remotely as common as Famicom or Mega Drive clones. Often multi-game carts for those systems that don't work right on original hardware do so because they were never designed to be played on original systems. Since SNES clones really didn't exist back in the mid to late 90's when these games were made they should work fine in your system. Some multi-game SNES carts I have won't even work right in clone systems.

There's a good possibility whatever bankswitching mechanism they are using (whether it be hardware or software) as crapped out, so you can only select what games it still manages to work on. Try the usual stuff like cleaning the pins, or even try a Game Genie just as a crapshoot.

Also, you're using a regular SNES and not one of the SNES mini consoles, right? AFAIK the mini doesn't put out as much voltage to the cart slot which could be causing the problem.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 06:22:47 PM »
Azathoth
Nov 4 2014, 03:02:23 AM
There's a good possibility whatever bankswitching mechanism they are using (whether it be hardware or software) as crapped out, so you can only select what games it still manages to work on.[/quote]yeah, that seems likely.. or maybe the games are stored across multiple ROM chips and one of them is dead. it's pretty unlucky that it happened with two carts in a row though.

FRVO304

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:29:41 AM »
Or maybe there is nothing wrong with the cartridge and it just needs to be mapper hacked to work properly on his console.

Kegopype

• View Profile
    • Ремонт частотных преобразователей
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
Всем ПРИВЕТ 

Из статьи в Википедии "Killer Instinct 2" на English: ...A SNES version of KI2 was also developed and completed but never released...

Кто-нибудь что-либо видел из этой версии? Пишут, что она была разработана и завершена... 

P.S. Кстати, много потеряли, не выпустив её, ведь SNES победила войну 16-биток. А под конец жизненного цикла консоли, да если бы ещё на 48-Mbitном картридже... у-у-у, чтоб творилось тогда...