Author Topic: Pirated Game Glitches  (Read 4192 times)

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
Pirated Game Glitches
« on: October 19, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Discuss glitches in pirated games here.

Koh1fds

• View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:39:59 AM »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 11:09:46 AM »
...I think I've told several people about this glitch already but might as well post this from a netplay session I had with Shazam:

Basically, Mario from Kart Fighter and Marry from AV Bishoujo Senshi Girl Fighting have a "4th attack" by pressing Down + B while only jumping vertically. If you're falling down, it doesn't really do much (although if you're Marry, you'll probably see her spinning like in one of her special attacks) but if you do it while you jump up, you'll do a short hop forward...and land a few pixels above the ground. Basically, you can keep climbing up the screen and even appear on the bottom. (kind of similar to the glitch LorenzoTheComic posted) While you're standing in air, you can't use any special attacks and if the timer runs out, the fight won't end until the game considers you to be on the ground. The only way to go back to normal is to either be hit out of the air or to climb up far enough until your feet touch the ground.

Interestingly enough, Dhalsim from Master Fighter VI' (who might've been the reason why this glitch existed since he shares the same character values as those two) and Bunny from Street Fighter IV have a similar move but they don't have the short hop so you can't climb up the screen with them.

fergzilla

• View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:45 AM »
OK, so I recently got myself one of those Sega Genesis portable things that let you load up ROMs on an SD card, and it's pretty cool despite some spotty flaws with sound and other emulation-related things.

I loaded up a lot of games on an SD card (including some bootleg/unlicensed stuff, and a few homebrews), and decided that I'd run Super Mario 2 1998 on the thing for shits and giggles. Instead of running after the "LOADING GAME" screen, though, this message spits out:

I transcribed this message on Google Translate using the drawing tool, and it says "輔助記憶體存取失敗" (Fǔzhù jìyì tǐ cún qǔ shībài), or according to Translate, "Auxiliary memory access failure". I did look up this exact phrase in quotes on Google, and it only gave me two results, both mentioning "MD" (Mega Drive), one mentioning "Mario", the other mentioning another Mega Drive game called "超級大富翁"(Chāojí Dà Fùwēng, "Super Monopoly???").

I knew portables like this have spotty emulation, especially when dealing with Chinese bootlegs with weird protection, but damn man. (And before you ask, Sonic Jam 6 doesn't do the same thing. It just gives up entirely while showing a black screen)

Can anyone screenshot this screen on an emulator?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:59:29 PM by fergzilla »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »
Actually this screen is at the end of the rom.

msf007

• View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:36:01 AM »
RVVD4029
May 30 2015, 08:35:02 PM
Actually this screen is at the end of the rom.[/quote]At the end of the Super Mario 2 1998 ROM, there are two small chunks of data, which seem to have shared structure. These are also present in Sonic Jam 6, with only a few bytes of difference.

Can you tell me what exactly those two things are for, and the location of Chinese fonts used for that screen?

Koh1fds

• View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »
There is pirated version of Prince of Persia that have some crazy glitches. In this version you can hit guards at any distance. Pretty cool! But sometimes Prince don't put away his sword and he can't move. You can mostly avoid this by holding forward. But there is one battle after which Prince never put his sword away (video). I tried to beat this guard for months as a kid and I never managed to do this.

Next glitch in Aladdin by HummerTeam. If you interrupt dead animation (by hitting platform from below and getting hit at the same time) and continue overlapping it by other animations (always run, always use sheet if you jump etc.) - Aladdin will have 0 hp. In this mode Aladdin can't pickup items, can't take damage, can't grab ledges, can't finish the level. If you stop running or using sheet - Aladdin dies.

Bad english
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:02:59 PM by Koh1fds »

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »
Labyrinth Zone is broken.

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
    • http://famicloneblog.wordpress.com
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 07:52:40 PM »
I found a couple glitches in Somari.

1. (this one is kinda stupid, but...) If you get to the end of a level, and then walk into the edge of the screen, then the goal will move to the side by a pixel or two. After you stop walking into the edge of the screen, it goes back to normal.
2. (this one is better) in the first boss fight, if you enter it while running really fast, you can jump and glitch into the platform on the left. When doing this, Mario will get hurt and immediately glitch out of the platform.

Mitchykins

• View Profile
Pirated Game Glitches
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 05:11:29 PM »
If I could remember, the NES Darkseed will actually let you continue indefinitely after day 3 as long as you take aspirin.