Author Topic: A bunch o' different multis  (Read 2276 times)

recorderdude

• View Profile
A bunch o' different multis
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:11:42 PM »

I found and quickly nabbed these four multis for a total of $20 a few days ago on ebay and I've been talking about them with rob. We both agreed the bottom right one with mario 3 special and SA7 is defintely a makon cart, but the rest are a mystery. I don't expect much out of the yellow ones, but the gray one looks interesting. They'll arrive most likely next saturday, but if anyone knows anything about these specific multis or can link any of the coverarts on them to any specific bootleg companies, I'd be interested in knowing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:12:31 PM by recorderdude »

recorderdude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
Got 'em:

The Makon one actually has Mario 3 Special and Sonic Adventure 7 on it, along with King of Fighters 96, Tarzan Lord of the Jungle and a bunch of older gameboy games. No repeats. Mario 3 Special and SA7 appear to be the only Gameboy Color games on any of the carts. Amusingly enough, the cartridge looks to be of GBC design from the front, but posesses the side-notch so all of the normal-GB games on it can be played on a black and white gameboy or GB pocket. When played on the Super GB they worked in a compatibility mode for original GB.

The game select screen reads "SUPER 23 IN 1 NEW SUPER MARIO 3".

The Gray one has no bootleg games and no pokemon pinball. It has Blaster Master Boy (one of the rarest/most valuable Game Boy releases in the US) and Pop Up (a UK exclusive) and Super Dodgeball (Japan) but nothing else of note. No repeats. This one seems the most sturdily built, though the Makon cart is close.

The game select screen reads "KT7006 07 IN 1". There is also a sticker on the back of the cart with "KT" and a bunch of number boxes on it.

The yellow ones both repeat. The 10-in-1 has 5 actual games, the 20-in-1 has 9 actual games. The only games of note on each are Battle Crusher (JP only mech battler) on the 10 in 1 and some Ultraman game on the 20 in 1. There's also a Dragonball tactical fighting game with a storyline on the 20 in 1, but it's not translated. The rest of the games on them are either uninteresting or incomprehensible.

The game select screens read "KING SERIES 10 IN 1" and "KING SERIES 20 IN 1".

Since the Makon one DOES have SA7 and especially Mario 3 Special, it's still a good buy but sadly offers nothing new to the scene.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:19:38 PM by recorderdude »

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 10:48:36 AM »
Apparently King of Fighters is big in China... for some reason.

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:36 AM »
Did you get these through eBay? It pays to pay attention when reading posts, somehow didn't notice you said ebay first time reading.  :$

Would you mind sharing the seller's username? Im hunting around a bit myself at the moment and would love some more GB stuff.  :somari:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:55:43 AM by Doomkid »

recorderdude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
Faceplant
Mar 19 2014, 08:47:36 AM
Did you get these through eBay? It pays to pay attention when reading posts, somehow didn't notice you said ebay first time reading.  :$

Would you mind sharing the seller's username? Im hunting around a bit myself at the moment and would love some more GB stuff.  :somari: [/quote]

Sure thing, though it may have been a one-off occasion:

cheap-easy-cards

If you're interested, I might be selling the yellow carts from this lot myself in the future. I'll let everyone here know if/when they're available.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:07:43 PM by recorderdude »