Author Topic: Ku Je Academy Sachen Games  (Read 4438 times)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Ku Je Academy Sachen Games
« on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »
Does anyone know anything about these carts?  They were supposedly published by Ku Je Academy in Korea, the one even has a different introduction screen.  Does anyone know how many titles were released?  Were there just two, or a whole line of Ku Je Sachen carts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181272665500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171185893372

I put a bid in for both of these last night, as the auction was going to end while I was sleeping.  I thought my bid was crazy enough, and never expected that I would lose the two auctions to someone else!  Kind of bummed out, but better off without, for those prices, I guess.  :)

Now just looking for more info about these.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 03:12:49 PM »
Going through old threads, it's "Kuk Je" actually, not "Ku Je". The typo's in your guide as well.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:41:17 AM »
Yeah, thanks for pointing it out.  Kuk Je is on the cartridges themselves.  

I don't think I will update that guide anymore anyways though; it is missing a lot of entries, and I am concentrating now on a physical / updated version, with a lot more information, pictures, and detail.  If things go as planned, that one should be out by this time next year.  :)

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 05:48:56 AM »
These are not related with Sachen. And these are Korean stuffs and the company is already gone.

These look like educational games by Kuk Je Academy - Like 'Jang Du-Jin's Baduk Class'.
Favorite Bootleg Games
* Vast Fame RPGS(Shi Kong Xing Shou, Shui Hu Shen Shou, Xin Feng Shen Bang)
(Unofficial Walkthroughs are on hold)

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 07:20:55 AM »
Incorrect: these are Sachen games, which were then licensed to Kuk Je Academy.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 08:58:14 AM »
Agreed, that's wrong.
Jang Doo Jin's Baduk Clinic was made by GoldenBell and it's their only (Famicom) title (they apparently planned a RPG as well but it never came out, it seems the company was short lived).

Kuk Je licensed pretty much all the somehow educational sachen games and some eventually had different startup logos but overall they are mostly the same to their sachen counterparts. I think they released like 3 or 4 at most?

I just know that K-002 is Magic Mathematics. Olympic IQ is K-003. Magic Cube should be K-001 then. Or K-004?
Also not all of them have a Kuk Je starting screen. Magic Mathematics is the same as the Sachen release I heard. While, according to these auctions, Olympic IQ may be completly different. And according to TCRF, Magic Cube also has a Kuk Je starting logo hidden in the game code (which should be activated in that release, assuming).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:26:04 AM by MLX »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 07:39:36 AM »
MLX // That's surprising. I didn't know that there was a Korean company which licensed with Sachen.
Favorite Bootleg Games
* Vast Fame RPGS(Shi Kong Xing Shou, Shui Hu Shen Shou, Xin Feng Shen Bang)
(Unofficial Walkthroughs are on hold)

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »
Yeah in 1991 Sachen had two deals in Korea, one with Kuk Je and another with Daou for just one game: Super Pang (id: DIF-002 so that was in early 1992 in fact, after Dooly but way before General's Son which got the DIF-002 id as well in fact, showing that the Sachen deal just didn't work out well and they eventually forgot about it).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:25:57 AM by MLX »