Author Topic: Jack YEH stuff  (Read 3763 times)

MLX

• View Profile
Jack YEH stuff
« on: October 17, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
So I've been discussing about him with KingPepe and we made a what could have happened to that guy.

So first of all, he was probably working for Sachen, YEH appear 2 times. Once as Marico YEH and the second time as Jack YEH. A bit after in 1991 he is credited in Magic Bubble as Jack Yeh.
In SF2, there's a third programmer which is named "Gordon JAK". Is it the same Jack ? Maybe.
The background of MF6 (Yoko) has been reused in SF3. Also some people have noticed that some SF3 stuff is similar to the some Cony graphics (as seen on the forum). there's also a YEH credited in almost all Cony games (mainly David YEH). And one Cony game has the exact same label as MF6. It's not a bad picture, the colors match the original one and the YOKO-Y1 has been replaced by 60. The original picture is still behind the 60. Nothing was used to hide YOKO-Y1. Which means they had the original artworks. Also the color of Master FIghter VI' text has been modified to orange but the design still match up perfectly with the other one.
I think Jack Yeh left Someri Team when they were done with Master Fighter VI' and took some actual graphical stuff that he could reuse. Then he would have made SF3 and World Hero. Then he created/joined Cony Soft.

That is the only explanation I've found to explain the similarities with Cony/Yoko/YEH

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jack YEH stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »
I wouldn't say he exactly made SF3 and World Hero but was at least responsible for the graphics for it.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Jack YEH stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »
yeah, its possible the same person might have worked on all three SF ports.. or they might just have stolen from each other (but in either case its kinda weird that they didnt reuse more than just *some* of the graphics, since they were basically making the same game). im still not convinced by the theory that it was Jack Yeh though.

as for the MFVI artwork.. well I think Yoko and Cony were always that same HK trading company, there were never two different Yokos. they just contracted two different Taiwanese developers. first Someri Team (or whatever they were called in 1992.. lets say Supertone) and then whoever the later one was. so the HK office would always have had the original artwork.

MLX

• View Profile
Jack YEH stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »
I've figured that there were too many graphics to work on, I think Jack YEH could have made the background and arts for labels. That's already a lot. The other(s) working on graphics would have made  the characters design which is also a lot of work. One person couldn't have made all that. Jack YEH probably left with wath he had on his computer.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Jack YEH stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »
I doubt the label/box arts were made by anyone who worked on the actual game graphics though.. they were probably done in HK.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Jack YEH stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »
taizou
Oct 23 2010, 05:39:29 PM
I doubt the label/box arts were made by anyone who worked on the actual game graphics though.. they were probably done in HK. [/quote]Agreed, I think it'd be more likely that Yoko would have made the boxes and carts and done the artwork for them if you ask me.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jack YEH stuff
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »
Quote:

I doubt the label/box arts were made by anyone who worked on the actual game graphics though.. they were probably done in HK. [/quote]

Actually it could have been more like it was sketched out or something on paper and then the developers drew it in game or something...which is something I want to point out about Kart Fighter.

If you noticed, Kart Fighter has some errors on the characters themselves (DK Jr's eyes messed up, Yossy missing a pupil in one of his standing sprites, maybe others I missed) which makes me wonder that the original graphics were not done by Someri BUT someone sketched the various poses and Someri put them in the game. (Street Fighter IV might be the same way as well not including Cliff, Pasta, Stalong and their clones)

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Jack YEH stuff
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 06:26:39 AM »
In the Chinese version of Challenge of the Dragon, the credits list the developers' Chinese names next to their English names. Maico Yeh is Yeh Min Hwa (葉敏華), who was also credited in Tiles of Fate (I believe under the Special Thanks section).
Jack Yeh's real name is Yeh Longzhong (葉隆中). He is on Facebook, but he hasn't replied to my message. It took a long time for Kossel to reply to me, so I'm willing to wait for Jack.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:27:28 AM by Doommaster1994 »