Author Topic: Game King Stuff  (Read 14553 times)

davidstech

• View Profile
    • http://ds0.me
Game King Stuff
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 05:26:44 PM »
The CPU core in those non-famiclone low res 1.8" systems is a 65C02, the same as a GameKing, although that could easily be a coincidence. Their music also sounds quite similar.

Perhaps some developers from TimeTop, who I think no longer exists, also did games/hardware for these new systems?

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 05:07:46 AM »
Who the heck has the "rights" to this stuff if these companies don't exist anymore (TimeTop's website is dead and Obsolete_Worlds mentioned on their website that YD folded too)?

forgotusername

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure Time Top still exists to some form. If you do a Google search for "time top tv game" you can find a few images of rather new-looking game systems (like this abomination). Only $616.43 on Aliexpress! What a deal!

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 08:09:32 PM »
Well why in the deuce would they shutter their website though?

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 12:42:41 AM »
Ninjinister
Jan 14 2018, 08:09:32 PM
Well why in the deuce would they shutter their website though?[/quote]Because they've done something all too typical for Chinese manufacturers: letting the old site expire and then getting a new one entirely.

http://www.timetop.tv seems to be their current site, and now they're apparently focusing on games for cable boxes (!).

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »
codeman38
Jan 20 2018, 12:42:41 AM
Ninjinister
Jan 14 2018, 08:09:32 PM
Well why in the deuce would they shutter their website though?[/quote]Because they've done something all too typical for Chinese manufacturers: letting the old site expire and then getting a new one entirely.

http://www.timetop.tv seems to be their current site, and now they're apparently focusing on games for cable boxes (!).[/quote]Well thank you for that! Somehow that didn't come up in my attempt to find a working site for them!

davidstech

• View Profile
    • http://ds0.me
Game King Stuff
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »
I wonder if it's the same Game King development team, or another team, doing those games? It's still a possibility I think that some of the Game King developers are now at a new (AFAIK not known) company doing the games for these 1.8" handhelds. So far my dumping of these handhelds has yielded no clues towards any companies or individuals, other than the name "tony".

Obsolete_Worlds

• View Profile
    • http://www.obsoleteworlds.com/
Game King Stuff
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »
Ninjinister
Jan 13 2018, 05:17:40 PM
forgotusername
Jan 13 2018, 12:45:55 AM
Another thing - those 1.8" handheld games. They HAVE to have some sort of Game King/Time Top connection. Look at the game list - Risk-King, The Wall, and King Boxing are ALL Game King titles. 2012 is actually Game King's 2003, and I know I've seen Tank on one of these before too. Judging by the newer Game King-esqe things mentioned here with Angry Birds clones and whatnot, its undoubted they're connected somehow.[/quote]

Yeah the Bootleg Games Wiki says King Boxing is a Game King game but that was literally the first time I've seen that.[/quote]There are no Game King games with those names that I'm aware of. I have a full spreadsheet of every game ever documented. About the closest is 'Risker' but that's actually a Spy Hunter clone on GK. The games use a similar dot matrix technology for sure and are maybe programmed using the same method but they are more 'GK style' than ports.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:03:04 AM by Obsolete_Worlds »

MLX

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »
If you notice a questionable entry on the wiki you should mention them in the talk page or eventually edit it out.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:08:43 PM by MLX »

forgotusername

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2018, 01:05:56 AM »
Obsolete_Worlds
Jan 26 2018, 10:01:49 AM
There are no Game King games with those names that I'm aware of. I have a full spreadsheet of every game ever documented. About the closest is 'Risker' but that's actually a Spy Hunter clone on GK. The games use a similar dot matrix technology for sure and are maybe programmed using the same method but they are more 'GK style' than ports.[/quote]Some of them are hacks of Game King games (I know Risk-King is a hack of Carlo Adventure Legend at the very least). I just figured the dot matrix stuff was effectively the same thing.

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2018, 03:52:38 AM »
MLX
Jan 26 2018, 04:07:54 PM
If you notice a questionable entry on the wiki you should mention them in the talk page or eventually edit it out.[/quote]Now how did I not think of that, I run a big Wiki myself :|