Author Topic: Digimon Adventure  (Read 6012 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Digimon Adventure
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:18:55 AM »
I got a Digimon cart for SNES today. I knew for sure before I even got it that it was going to use the Bonkers sound engine and the same game engine as Picachu and Pokemon Gold Silver. No surprise there.

One of the first things to mention is the screenshots from the GBA game Digimon Zhi Hong Lan Dui Jue.

That level up there appears nowhere in the SNES game. Maybe it's just cut out but other levels in there GBA game are also in the SNES one, who knows. But of course the main character sprite is the same. That raccoon enemy also appears, as well as that exact same continue screen.

The game has 4 levels and 2 boss fights, though all are called a stage in the game so technically I guess that's 6 levels. I took one pic of each.

Each level has a strawberry somewhere that once collected turns you into what you see above. Your fire attack is stronger, plus you get full health. Once you go back to half health though you revert back to the tiny dinosaur(I don't know Digimon at all so i have no idea if it has a name or what :P)

2nd level which takes place at night. It's much more straight forward than the first, which kept going up instead of straight to the right.

The first boss, a snowman that throws snowballs at you. I got the perfect shot :) I didn't get a shot of the next level that follows since it uses the exact same snow tileset.

This is the same level as that one screenshot from the guy on Digital Press. I just took a pic at a higher part of the level.

And the final boss. I suppose people can recognize where the background is stolen from?  :clap:  Well, I recognize is as Castlevania anyways. Anybody able to refresh my memory which one exactly?

The whole game uses lots of obviously stolen graphics, but I only recognize that last boss. Hopefully my shots are enough to identify something. After the boss you just get a screen that says The End with pics of a lot of the Digimons.By the time I had my cell ready to take a pic it disappeared though.

I'll try to make a little article on the wiki for the game now. If there's anything else anyone is curious about let me know.

Edit: Page is up, but I can't upload photos. I've honestly forgotten my password on the wikia =p If that's not enough, I can't figure out what email address I registered under either. None of my inboxes are receiving anything either. I feel quite dumb right now.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:59:58 AM by Barver »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Digimon Adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:44:34 PM »
The background in the last screenshot looks very similar (but not identical) to one of the backgrounds from Castlevania Dracula X on the SNES.

Barver

• View Profile
Digimon Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:14:08 AM »
I just realized today i think that snow level is exactly the same in Mulan on Genesis.

Damn pirates :x

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
Digimon Adventure
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »
What???? A stolen Level? That's never happened before!