Author Topic: Getting a hold of Gametec, Chuapu, BBD, Vast Fame, Sintax, etc  (Read 8254 times)

pichichi010

• View Profile
Hello,

I been wondering how hard would it be to get a hold of those companies?

I am interested in talking to any of their ex-employees or developers. And may be buy their engine and game developing tools. And if possible some of their original titles!

It would be awesome to port those games to other platforms without getting a random lawsuit from a lost IP holder lol.

any help is well appreciated

fcgamer

• View Profile
Getting a hold of Gametec, Chuapu, BBD, Vast Fame, Sintax, etc
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:08:23 AM »
pichichi010
May 27 2013, 05:49:48 PM
Hello,

I been wondering how hard would it be to get a hold of those companies?

I am interested in talking to any of their ex-employees or developers. And may be buy their engine and game developing tools. And if possible some of their original titles!

It would be awesome to port those games to other platforms without getting a random lawsuit from a lost IP holder lol.

any help is well appreciated[/quote]It is certainly possible to do, but it will not be easy.  Some of these companies had very small offices, located in apartment buildings, where they talked about their castles in the sky.  Some of these companies were most likely involved with organized crime in one way or another.  Some of these companies were fronts for other companies.  Etc.  I have been doing extensive research on these companies, and yet at times, nothing has turned up after tons of research and money spent.

Here is a little story I like to share with some of you.  My girlfriend grew up in the same small town where Vast Fame was located.  One day I went down to visit her hometown, and of course I also checked out the "site" where Vast Fame was.  It was apparently just an office located in an apartment in a residential area of town, or so it seems.  Then I later stumbled upon one or two game shops in the area, that had been around since the early 1990s.  These guys didn't even have a clue that there was a game company located there, producing Game Boy Color games, even though it was practically in their backyard!

So yeah it can be done, but it is definitely not as easy as some may think, and there are also other reasons why some of these people might not want to be "found".  

Also, just on another note, some of the games (especially BBD and Sintax) use copyrighted materials in their titles, stolen from other companies, so I doubt you could remake and release them without some altering of sorts.

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:17:04 AM »
Well Im mostly interested in some Engines, they seem to have their own engine, and It can be used very well. They are "Not too bad" for a pirate.

Like you I've spent several nights till very late trying to find a contact information and Nothing.

The ones I've seen have more quality are the Vast Fame's ones.

There is a Megam Drive RPG that  has been recently translated that also has very good quality; and the pokemon platformers for SNES those are not so bad too.

I checked Vast Fame's Site through the time machine, and they do have a contact email. I emailed it and it didn't returned a Delivery Failure notification. haha who knows may be someone still using it!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:18:31 AM by pichichi010 »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:45:32 AM »
Dunno what planet you're living on, Pokemon and Digimon on SNES have a shitty engine you can barely control. If you want to make an SNES game, best thing to do is learn whatever ASM programming language the system uses and create your own engine. It sounds like you're under the assumption that just owning the engine means you'll be able to make games easily, but you'll always still need lots of programming knowledge to get anything working right.

Is your main goal behind all of this just to make a shortcut so you can start making "pirate" games yourself? I'd say if you can't bother to try to make your own game with all the SNES resources out there available already, you'd probably be too lazy to even figure out how to utilize any of these engines if you were lucky enough to even acquire them. The engine won't just be a program with a GUI where you insert graphics and press the "make SNES ROM" button.

Hopefully none of that comes off harsh, I'm just trying to get you to see it realistically.

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
Lol Dude,

First of ALL, I DID NOT asked about 99% of the things that you answered?

I have 4 SNES developers that help.

This is just to release fun little things to the public, I DO NOT need programming knowledge because all the developers actually have their own library to program for the consoles. Besides I doubt any tools used to make those games are still saved in a computer. But the Roms can always be hacked.

Im not trying to make "pirates" games myself, Im just trying to do something about things that are out there and people don't know instead of sitting on my sofa eating pizza.

If you think that Im too lazy to probably figure out how to utilize any of those engines, I am not. I might not know how to use them, but with my team we can hack those games within weeks, Make a new game, new levels new AI new sprites, not stolen.

I know Using  the engine for new games will not be as easy as pressing a "Make SNES Rom" button?

But one of my hackers can probably program an editor to do so lol; but again, why bother if we don't have full permission.

I have played all the pokemon games and I think they have fair engines, I don't think they are bad at all, I played the games and had fun, that is the only purpose of a video game isn't it?

Good Bye
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:25:17 AM by pichichi010 »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 02:54:36 AM »
Wow, I'm sorry, I guess I'm supposed to know your whole back story. Hey everyone, look at this guy, he has other people do all the work for him! WOW!

If you're going to make a post basically coming off like you want someone else's engine so you have half of the work or more already done for you, I don't think it's farfetched that I interpreted it how I did. Saying you have other people do all the work for you doesn't exactly come off as the best defense to what I was saying, either. Why can't they just program something for you, then? I don't see why you need shitty pirate engines. Unless you're having problems keeping your programmers on their leashes.

Who's the pizza analogy for, btw? I guess we're all pizza eaters because god forbid we don't take a stand for retro gaming and try to make our own games. We all must join in the fight, or else we're good for nothing lazy geeks, right?

BTW I recognize you now and I always thought you came off a bit as a dick. This just confirms it.

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 03:06:20 AM »
Pizza anology is general; if the shoe fits, wear it.

Anyways again, I like to make cool things to release to the public, Small games, I am just working on a small game based on Christmas Craze engine to get better at sprite art. A visited site has a lot of good and new content, so I try to get new things done.

The rest, why even bother...

Sorry If I'm question:

"I been wondering how hard would it be to get a hold of those companies?"

Made you understand that I wanted all the work already done.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:10:37 AM by pichichi010 »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 03:15:26 AM »
I don't think the pizza analogy fits any of us, and am still confused about it, but whatever.

I'll admit my post came off bad and was making assumptions just like I felt you were.

Theend.

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 03:16:52 AM »
Fair Enough

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 10:10:48 AM »
If your team is so good, then get them to be able to properly emulate the Gowin and Sintax stuff out there with the copy protection.  Work on something useful like that man, instead of this nonsense of remaking these unlicensed games.

Look at Greg Pabich and that whole clusterf*** situation with Cheetahmen 2.  Sure, it got Cheetahmen 2 out to the masses, but the appeal and desirability for that game has tanked.  Used to be a game I wanted, not so much anymore.  

Just leave these games in the past, where they belong, and enjoy them as they are.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
fcgamer
May 28 2013, 10:10:48 AM
If your team is so good, then get them to be able to properly emulate the Gowin and Sintax stuff out there with the copy protection.  Work on something useful like that man, instead of this nonsense of remaking these unlicensed games.

Look at Greg Pabich and that whole clusterf*** situation with Cheetahmen 2.  Sure, it got Cheetahmen 2 out to the masses, but the appeal and desirability for that game has tanked.  Used to be a game I wanted, not so much anymore.  

Just leave these games in the past, where they belong, and enjoy them as they are.    [/quote]I second this. -_-

Oh, and when you said "If you think that Im too lazy to probably figure out how to utilize any of those engines, I am not. I might not know how to use them, but with my team we can hack those games within weeks, Make a new game, new levels new AI new sprites, not stolen.", pichichi010, doesn't that mean you don't need the engine in the first place? If you can already do it, why ask?

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »
So he can crank out more SNES games faster and make $$$.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 02:59:08 PM »
meh I'm not against the idea if it's done well. honestly if someone did a Super Fighter Team and, say, licensed one of Vast Fame's RPGs, polished it up and translated to English I'd be very happy.

these companies are pretty elusive though, as people have said. especially Vast Fame.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:01:07 PM by taizou »

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
taizou
May 28 2013, 02:59:08 PM
meh I'm not against the idea if it's done well. honestly if someone did a Super Fighter Team and, say, licensed one of Vast Fame's RPGs, polished it up and translated to English I'd be very happy.

these companies are pretty elusive though, as people have said. especially Vast Fame.[/quote]licensed one of Vast Fame's RPGs, polished it up and translated to English I'd be very happy.

^That was my main purpose of the thread and then I threw in the pokemon games. I just hadn't seen those RPGs before until a couple of days. I did some research on Gametec and some of those companies before.

Barver Battle Saga is a well done RPG for being homebrew. Also Magic Girl/Little Witch.

I think Vast Fame's GBA RPGs are good, and it is 100000X easier to port a game, than come up with one from scratch. Why? because you already have a base; and that would make the development process easier. You have an example which are the gameplay, levels design, SOME graphics, etc.

Even if their engine is not very good for GBA, or totally broken, when you port, you actually doing it from scratch too, but you have a base on the source code of what is happening on the game and how is it happening, and then you fix the broken parts.

We will be doing our own original stuff, but doing original stuff takes too much time, so releasing small projects like those, helps to keep the people busy while you work on bigger projects.

Just like you brought up Super Fighter team, they announced a game that was almost complete if not already complete in 2011 and is yet to be released in 2013. I am pretty sure that they were going to fix the game difficulty and may be add some new content, but take that as an example. It takes time.

I wouldn't like to take a long time to release a game, specially with now days small teams releasing freeware games almost bi-weekly!

May be you guys don't see the picture that I am looking at, but I like to see what I can use from things that may be trash to some other people.

Also yes, you can always do your own engine, but in the mean time, while someone is busy making an engine from scratch, an unlicensed game is ported far more quickly, and then released, I planned to release a lot of these games for free, on Adroid, IOS, and OUYA. And if people want a cart for collection, then they can pay for the cart production.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:51:18 PM by pichichi010 »

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »
Barver
May 28 2013, 03:15:26 AM
Theend.[/quote]THEND fits well! :P
fcgamer
May 28 2013, 10:10:48 AM
Just leave these games in the past, where they belong, and enjoy them as they are.    [/quote]Also thirding this. I don't care about the quality, and I say this because I'm a masochist.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:47:14 PM by KAGE-008 »