Author Topic: Lord of The Rings Pirate  (Read 3005 times)

pichichi010

• View Profile
Lord of The Rings Pirate
« on: April 26, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »
Got a LOTR Genesis pirate and I played it on my Retron3 and it gets stuck on the VS screen when the Thumnail of the characters to fight tile the whole screen!

anybody know why?

The PCB is new!

I got another 2 Gen pirates, International Super Star Soccer and a multicart, and both work!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:53:33 PM by pichichi010 »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Lord of The Rings Pirate
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »
It's probably because some pirates don't run on clone systems. :\ Try it on a normal Mega Drive/Genesis.

pichichi010

• View Profile
Lord of The Rings Pirate
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
Honestly I would prefer them to run on normal Genesis, I don't have one, Im trying to get a hold of one!

Azathoth

• View Profile
Lord of The Rings Pirate
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
That particular ROM was messed up by the manufacturer, for some reason that one doesn't work on clone hardware. That ROM was based on the one I dumped a while ago.

Usually it's the opposite, they only work on clone hardware. How they managed to goof that up I have no idea. It also won't work on an original console if you're using a Game Genie.

pichichi010

• View Profile
Lord of The Rings Pirate
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »
The graphic work on that game is impressive for being an unlicensed game, is it unplayable as any other fighting pirate?

Azathoth

• View Profile
Lord of The Rings Pirate
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 02:35:56 AM »
It's probably the most playable out of all the unlicensed fighters on MD, and it's waaayyy better than any of the SNES stuff.

The original sprites are ripped from the Capcom arcade game Warriors of Fate. Glorysun edited some of them to resemble characters from the films. I'm not sure where the background elements are taken from, especially the digitized stuff.

pichichi010

• View Profile
Lord of The Rings Pirate
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 01:40:25 AM »
Honestly the sprites look almost original, no resemblance to that capcom game.

I was thinking on ripping off this games to make new games lol.