Author Topic: BBD's successor?  (Read 2504 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BBD's successor?
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:42:40 PM »
So I just discovered an otherwise uninteresting Chinese manufacturer of video game peripherals named Changxin. Their web site is http://www.dgchangxin.com/.

Here's the interesting part, however, and how I found it: if I'm reading the Chinese text correctly, this company is the successor to a company called Bu Bu Da, also based out of Guangdong, and founded in 1998.

Rinkaku89 has a dance game for Mega Drive made by that company in 1999, which he can't actually get to work. They're credited by their initials on the opening screen: BBD. There's also this hentai mahjong game that rinkaku has; although it's not credited under their Chinese name, it's likely the same company. And yeah, I assume this is probably the same BBD that developed Sintax's games, too.

Alas, they don't seem to develop software anymore, just hardware... and not even the interesting sort of stuff, either, just carrying cases and such. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:44:22 PM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
BBD's successor?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »
ah thats interesting. i read somewhere about BBD being sued by Nintendo for exporting pirate GBA games or something - I guess they just did an Asder and reinvented themselves under a new name with a more legitimate/boring business model?

their website is terrible though. :D even in the chinese version half the pages are just full of "sakjfghsjkhfg" and stuff.

Barver

• View Profile
BBD's successor?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:57:43 PM »
Going by archive.org, that address used to belong to an unrelated clothing company. I wonder why they didn't have a website till all these years later, since the latest archive available that works is December 2004 and it's still the clothing company.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
BBD's successor?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 12:09:51 AM »
wonder if itd be possible to talk to them.. they have that "webcall" thing on their site, it just tries to open a QQ url (I think) which I don't have installed. though I bet even if it works, they wouldnt be interested in talking about anything other than how many ipad cases you want to buy :D

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BBD's successor?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 02:05:03 AM »
taizou
Oct 3 2010, 11:57:33 PM
ah thats interesting. i read somewhere about BBD being sued by Nintendo for exporting pirate GBA games or something - I guess they just did an Asder and reinvented themselves under a new name with a more legitimate/boring business model?[/quote]Yeah, I found that one random Japanese article from 2003 that mentioned that as well. The web seems to be quite devoid of mentions of this company, in either traditional or simplified characters.

taizou

their website is terrible though. :D even in the chinese version half the pages are just full of "sakjfghsjkhfg" and stuff.[/quote]LOL, yeah. I noticed that several pages were full of unrelated graphics with text in Korean. Seriously... what?

Edit: Also, I really doubt "xxxx@dgchangxin.com" is a working address.  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 02:16:06 AM by codeman38 »