Author Topic: GeNiUs Backup Card and Sachen  (Read 2584 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
GeNiUs Backup Card and Sachen
« on: August 05, 2016, 01:43:24 PM »
Recently I got a gameboy backup card, and found that the only games it seems to completely ignore are the Sachen 4-in-1 games.
Does anyone know why they can't be read?

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
Those Sachen 4 in 1 have some protection to backup/dump.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
I knew that they are not easy to dump, but when I put them in the backup card the card acts as though nothing is plugged in. I did not have this issue with any makon soft games or zook hero.

SkyLeague

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 04:09:25 PM »
I have a friend who has the backup station. He had some difficulty ripping bootleg roms using the device. Multicarts only loaded menues, and most games crash when loaded. As far as I'm concerned only licensed games are compatible with this product. I would not reccomend purchasing.

trenton_net

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
Your card is working completely as expected. For pirate multi-carts, they usually employ some kind of proprietary bank switching. So as far as your dumper is concerned, it will only see the loader menu because it won't know how to bank switch to the other games on the card. Real commercial games don't need to worry about bank switching other titles, so that's why you never see a problem with them.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 01:24:50 AM »
Thank you for your response. The reason why I am confused by Sachen 4-in-1 carts in specific is that the backup card does not even see a menu, unlike normal multicarts which show a menu but do not load the actual games Sachen carts when placed in the backup card are not registered at all, as if I never put the in.