Author Topic: Complaint Part 2  (Read 3546 times)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint Part 2
« on: February 26, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
Mods go ahead and lock this one if you want, but I was in the middle of typing a response when the last thread was locked.  Anyway:

1) Everyone can have his or her opinon as to the value of an item; with that said, however, how can a value be placed on an item that has never been up for sale before?  To muddy the waters even more, how can one bitch about prices but then do the exact same thing when selling to others?  I don't sell my extra copies of Sachen games (with few exceptions) for $15 because I would rather have it in my collection than sell it for a song, just so that the new buyer will then turn around and resell it down the road for a mint.  Many of the games are extremely rare (I have seen enough by now to know which are rare and which are more common), and prices generally reflect this.  It is hypocritcal to complain about the prices, but then to sell for the same price yourself.  The fact is that Taiwanese do not give a shit about the old gams, but western gamers do.  Hence why you can sometimes find games on ruten and places for cheaper prices.  But at the end of the day, the vast majority of these games haven't been for sale anywhere, and therefore how can a price be put on something that was never for sale before?  How can a copy of game xx be equal to a Taiwan Mahjong 16, which one can buy day and night, daily?  It just doesn't make sense, at all.

2)  As I said before, I helped an unreleased SNES game (licensed at that) see the light of day, have done tons of countless research during the early days of NES collecting, have been collecting games for about 14 or 15 years.  No one even knows what all I have in my collection, probably I don't even know either.  This sure sounds like someone who just cares about waving his e-penis around.  Whether those comments were just made in haste or not, I really don't know, but quite frankly, they were out of line.  I may not have contributed to the wiki physically (though some of the pics I took ended up on the wiki without me even being notified...), but that doesn't mean that I don't know something about these games.  With that said though, when people start pointing fingers and acting disrespectful towards me, accusing me of this and that, it just doesn't make me want to share any of the stuff I know in regards to said topics.

That's it.  I'm done for the night.  Feel free to bitch at me while I am away, feel free to ban me if you are pissed off at me enough (though quite frankly, you guys would be doing the community a disservice by doing this, as I have a lot of knowledge regarding this stuff), feel free to lock this up and pretend the whole thing never happened, feel free to sell me some Sachen gams at $50 a pop, feel free to eat popcorn.  No matter what the case may be, I am off for now.  See you tomorrow.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
Fine. Whatever your beef is, I've forgotten it.

If you want to complain some more, like I said, the PM system is there.

Barver

• View Profile
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »
I must have missed something, never saw any fight posts anywhere.

What unreleased SNES game did you help get out there, btw? I love protos so am curious.

And may as well turn the topic away from whatever negativity is going on here :p

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:49:00 AM »
Fine, I'll reopen it.

I think it was a bit stupid of me to get involved in an issue with which I had little involvement in, and while I disagree with fcgamer I understand that it's his business to price his own goods.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:05:55 AM by Awesome Panda »

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 06:29:20 AM »
Awesome Panda
Feb 27 2013, 05:49:00 AM
Fine, I'll reopen it.

I think it was a bit stupid of me to get involved in an issue with which I had little involvement in, and while I disagree with fcgamer I understand that it's his business to price his own goods.[/quote]I was not even the seller of the item in question, just to make people aware of that, and I still don't feel it was necessary to call me names and say that I am not a true collector or whatever it was, just because I said that the seller's items were, imo, at a decent price.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
He never called you names at the start. You were complaining, and you said he had permission to call him names, which he did, as a laugh. Come on, Qiezei even apologized because you got the wrong message across. :( Just stop this, please.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:47 PM »
RobGBA
Feb 27 2013, 02:05:26 PM
He never called you names at the start. You were complaining, and you said he had permission to call him names, which he did, as a laugh. Come on, Qiezei even apologized because you got the wrong message across. :( Just stop this, please.[/quote]If you look back at his original responses (wherever messageboard posts go after they have been removed / deleted / whatever), you will see that he initially called me out and made generalizations, basically stating that I was just a reseller and someone who collected the games for the wrong reasons, namely to post pics on the web and stroke my ego.  And this all came about simply because I disagreed with his thought that just because one or two common games go for price A, all games in that same series (including ones that never turned up CB before) should go for that price.  

People will say whatever they want, but quite frankly, I have done a lot for the "scene" in times past, primarily focusing with NES stuff, unlicensed NES stuff to be exact, but I got an unreleased SNES game out there, had some protos dumped, and spent literally 100s of hours researching stuff.  So to label me as a reseller, insincere with my reasons for collecting, etc, is just a bit harsh and simply not the truth, and to that, anyone in a similar situation would rightfully take offense.

And finally, no, I was not the one complaining.  It seems to me he was complaining about the price of how someone else listed an item.  :)

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 07:40:09 AM »
Uh, alrighty then, suppose I can believe that. :O
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:40:43 AM by Robbi »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »
They weren't all aimed directly at you and you're the one who's continuing to rant about this long afterwards.  When I said "many of the people who collect them only do so for bragging rights" it wasn't aimed at you.  You seem to take this collector stuff way too personally, judging by your several-paragraph posts explaining your collector hobby.

(By the way, you thinking that $100 was a reasonable price is looks to be wrong, according to Yahoo.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:18:38 AM by Pepper-98 »

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
Qiezei
Feb 28 2013, 09:15:47 AM
They weren't all aimed directly at you and you're the one who's continuing to rant about this long afterwards.  When I said "many of the people who collect them only do so for bragging rights" it wasn't aimed at you.  You seem to take this collector stuff way too personally, judging by your several-paragraph posts explaining your collector hobby.

(By the way, you thinking that $100 was a reasonable price is looks to be wrong, according to Yahoo.[/quote]1 bid (I guess that is your proxy), 8 days to go, easily could get much higher than 500 NT bucks.  I'm done with this, tired of arguing, but the fact is, to westerners the games are worth more than $10 - $30, for the harder to find titles.  If not, please sell me your Rocman X for $15.  ;)  It is all worth what someone is willing to pay; of course one can get it for cheaper in Taiwan, but out of Sachen's 60+ title run, how many of their games have you seen for sale, small boxed?  How many collectors are willing to sell them at $15 a pop?  One cannot gauge value off of what a non collector charges for the stuff, especially across country like that.  That is just silly, and is like comparing apples to pomegranates.

Qiezei, I have nothing against you personally; however, you shouldn't go making generalizations about people, due to your own frustrations.  Everyone in the game wishes that he or she could grab stacks full of games for pennies on the dollar, but it just doesn't work that way anymore.  Hell, even prices on Ruten are going up thanks to proxy services, such as the kind you use.  ;)  That is just the way of life.  People will take offense to such comments though, when they are made in response to one's posts.  If you aren't addressing me in regards to doing that stuff, why post it as part of a response to my posts?  That seems an easy way for one to get confused, or misread the intent...

Anyway, I am done with this shit, tired of arguing about it.  Game prices are rising, unlicensed Famicom games are hard to find, especially boxed, and prices reflect that.  That is all.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »
I've been watching auctions on Taiwanese sites for a while now, and they have almost never gone up to a huge amount.  I"m not pulling numbers out of my ass, I"m using actual examples I've seen (and bought.)  There's several non-collectors who sell games on the internet as a job, but apparently that large group of retailers doesn't apply according to your forced economic logic.  I've sold expensive stuff for far cheaper than they're worth; just because it's retailed at something doesn't mean that it's always worth that much or that people will buy it.

The only people who would take offense to me generalizing them like that would be the people it applies to (which I guess is you judging by your responses.)  By the way, look who's talking when it comes to frustrations; I wasn't the one who started up the argument by being all "Sigh, you people disappoint me" after my post and I wasn't the one who made two fucking topics just to bitch about it, and I haven't made every post of mine several giant paragraphs.

I've been done since this thread got started up, but you won't just let the subject die because apparently you take this all personally.  Hopefully someone will lock this so this can just die already.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:30:52 PM by Pepper-98 »

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
Qiezei
Feb 28 2013, 05:50:24 PM
I've been watching auctions on Taiwanese sites for a while now, and they have almost never gone up to a huge amount.  I"m not pulling numbers out of my ass, I"m using actual examples I've seen (and bought.)  There's several non-collectors who sell games on the internet as a job, but apparently that large group of retailers doesn't apply according to your forced economic logic.  I've sold expensive stuff for far cheaper than they're worth; just because it's retailed at something doesn't mean that it's always worth that much or that people will buy it.

The only people who would take offense to me generalizing them like that would be the people it applies to (which I guess is you judging by your responses.)  By the way, look who's talking when it comes to frustrations; I wasn't the one who started up the argument by being all "Sigh, you people disappoint me" after my post and I wasn't the one who made two fucking topics just to bitch about it, and I haven't made every post of mine several giant paragraphs.

I've been done since this thread got started up, but you won't just let the subject die because apparently you take this all personally.  Hopefully someone will lock this so this can just die already.[/quote]Apparently I have something more to say on this one.

Qiezei, you are basing the value of games on the price they are selling in a primarily non-collector's market.  While there are some game collectors in Taiwan, there are not nearly as many as in other parts, if for no other reason, Taiwan is a small place.  Not everyone is going to know how to bid on stuff from a place like Ruten, Taiwan Yahoo, etc, and not everyone is going to be willing to try having goods shipped to them from Taiwan.  So to say that all games are worth the ending price on those websites is just being a bit rediculous, to be honest.  Yes, they may be worth that much to a Taiwanese non-collector, but collectors will always be willing to pay more.  As I said before, apples to oranges.

I've cut collectors mega deals before, sometimes selling items for much less than their value, just because I want to pass on a good deal or am feeling nice, or whatever.  But just because I bought something at $2, sold it for $10, when the last copy sold for $200, doesn't mean that the value is now only worth $10.  

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one, I think.  But the two situations are totally different, and it really isn't fair to be comparing two unrelated markets.

MLX

• View Profile
Complaint Part 2
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 01:47:58 AM »
I think there was enough of this. I'm not supporting anyone. This is just going nowhere.

You are just thinking differently and don't want to change your view on this subject. You should just apologies both and end it here.
I hope this is not going to continue with PM btw.

Locked.

(Also, matsuda101 is a japanese proxy, nothing to do with qiezei)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:49:43 AM by MLX »