Author Topic: Official & Pirate Game Treasury  (Read 7918 times)

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Official & Pirate Game Treasury
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »
As much as I don't like bringing stuff from outside a forum:
Quote:

They have posted nonsense...into Official & Pirate Treasury Wiki pages.[/quote]
I find that ironic since he's been posting nonsense into our wiki.

EDIT: I take it that you're Yakumo? (and if it is, is it based off from Touhou in any way?)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:05:59 PM by KingPepe »

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »
Ok, you know what? I think it's time I gave my say on this matter.

Throughout the summer and mostly through fall, I've been noticing how ignorant the Kage008 (aka kage2051) guy has been. He had a tendancy to put up videos of games HE GOT FROM ME without actually crediting me. Moreso, he would take both the games I sent him, as well as those he got off obscure sites, and release them to more popular cell phone game sites saying that he released them.

The video description was all his own little craft of fiction, like saying Contra was made by, like, K0noni (seriously) and falsely calling official games as pirated based on his own criteria. Trying to kindly correct his incorrect criteria is as of yet unsuccessful as he refuses to listen.

On another site, of which Yakumo was a moderator/admin, he began flooding a forum section with both false information on cell phone gradius games as well as other cell phone games. Yakumo was evidently getting irritated. Then, he saw a few posts Yakumo made where Yakumo moderated someone's post and described the risks of talking about ROM's.

Kage-008 does some copypasta of all these moderation posts, comes onto selectbutton.net forum calling himself "Yakumo" and going apeshit in a topic about my videos. Not only were Yakumo's warning posts totally irrelevant to the topic at hand, they made absolutely no sense in context with the thread. I get pissed off, assuming yakumo is either a spammer or a troll and inadvertantly (is that the correct word? :P ) go on Yakumo's forum and raise hell about "his" actions.

Yakumo tells me that he's not the guy who posted his exact same posts on selectbutton.net but has a suspicion on who it could be. He tells me about how he was getting annoyed by a user Kage2051 or something. He asked me to cross reference Kage's IP on his forum with "Yakumo" on selectbutton.net  Lo and behold: they matched. So, basically, kage joined selectbutton.net as Yakumo and copied the real Yakumo's posts to point out "illegal" talk we were having. So Yakumo banned Kage from his own forum.

Then came the attention to me of the bootlegged games wiki and the old games treasury (or pirated games treasury) wiki, both of which kage2051 was a member of (and admin of old-games treasury wiki). Putting aside the fact that his wiki is a blatant copy of BGW, the articles on his wiki were COMPLETELY lifted from those on BGW, word for word. On BGW itself, he would make really incorrect and pointless edits, like that "Contra Spirits was hacked by Kage008 into Alien Killer X" or something like that.

It's also worth pointing out that the the "Old Games Treasury Wiki" is a blatant mix of both the BGW and the name of my (at that time) recent site "Red Falcon Contra Treasury" (on which he posted so many pointless and irrelevant comments, also).

Kingpepe, with all due respect, it's hard to claim Barver's action as unnecessary/immature when the load of crap kage008 did prior ecclipses it in any way. Besides, from lots of experience, talking with him is actually a gamble: He'll either listen and be humble, or he'll totally ignore what you say. And trust Darkfox2005 when he says that. As I said before, kage008 had a tendancy to pose as other people.

I do have to admit, though, that he has improved his behavior quite some and was trying to be helpful to me (even though he did it too late) recently. But he still remains ignorant and refuses to improve his video descriptions.

Seeing as how I was a significant (though by accident) stepping stone of Kage008's behavior, I think it's fair if one of you guys told me about gpsx2nes/smartmouse story. I'm just curious is all.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 01:25:58 PM by iniche »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »
I'd rather say PM me about the smartmouse thing because we're going off-topic and I'd rather not put any disputes not involving this forum here.

Well now I finally know about this KAGE and Yakumo guy for once now. Now:
Quote:

Kingpepe, with all due respect, it's hard to claim Barver's action as unnecessary/immature[/quote]
As much as this Kage guy was being an ass and all:
1)There was no real point of attacking if the wiki was going to be taken down regardless.
2)It's really stupid just to attack someone just because you hate them. It's like pulling a prank off of some guy you hate. I was at a forum that had members banned that were being assholes and they just repeatedly kept coming back, thinking they can screw up the forum in one way or another. It's really just ridiculous because of like I said in #1, there is no point in any way.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:07:03 PM by KingPepe »

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »
1) That depends on the grounds for which the wiki was taken down. Was it taken down by Kage himself or was it after wiki admins were notified of his blatant copying? In the case of the former, nobody could have predicted that he would do that. In the latter, again, that only happened after he was "attacked".

2) You're pretty much calling the basis for any hate-relationship stupid. Doing something malicious to a person one hates is the norm, as stupid as it is. Besides, there's a difference between trolls repeatedly attacking a forum and this. The forum did nothing to receive such trolling behavior. The trolls just came in without real motivation and acted like assholes. Whereas here, his wiki was entirely an offense to begin with.

It isn't stupid if you're attacking an establishment that's fodder for offense. Sometimes, a rebuttal in the same vein as them is the only way to get a message accross, not even ignorance will stop them. Knowing kage, that is the case with him.

Anyway, would you PM me the thing behind smartmouse? AFAIK, gpsx2nes was pretty chill with me.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:18:26 PM by iniche »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »
iniche
Dec 7 2010, 05:16:51 PM
1) That depends on the grounds for which the wiki was taken down. Was it taken down by Kage himself or was it after wiki admins were notified of his blatant copying? In the case of the former, nobody could have predicted that he would do that. In the latter, again, that only happened after he was "attacked".

2) You're pretty much calling the basis for any hate-relationship stupid. Doing something malicious to a person one hates is the norm, as stupid as it is. Besides, there's a difference between trolls repeatedly attacking a forum and this. The forum did nothing to receive such trolling behavior. The trolls just came in without real motivation and acted like assholes. Whereas here, his wiki was entirely an offense to begin with.

It isn't stupid if you're attacking an establishment that's fodder for offense. Sometimes, a rebuttal in the same vein as them is the only way to get a message accross, not even ignorance will stop them. Knowing kage, that is the case with him.

Anyway, would you PM me the thing behind smartmouse? AFAIK, gpsx2nes was pretty chill with me.[/quote]1) I notified the wiki admins of the copying. However, Wikia must've not caught the e-mail right away or something before it happened.

2) I can understand hate and even though doing horrible things to a person is normal, it's still rather stupid regardless. There is no reason for it except to feel good about it...and that's about it. It's better to ignore the idiot anyways.
also
Quote:

trolls repeatedly attacking a forum and this. [/quote]
The term "troll" flew over your head. The members on the forum just did awful things and thought "oh hey, let's fuck the forum up" after being banned. A troll is someone who tries to piss you off for amusement.

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
Based on your description, I'm fairly certain the forum members were pissed off and those banned users were pretty amused by fucking things up at the forum.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:51 PM »
Not really sure on that. They probably expected people to make a stupid response or something which really didn't happen most of the time tbh.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »
Hi everyone, this is not a spambot. For your information, I'm not an ignorant, but I don't know much about games. And my other name is KAGE2111, NOT KAGE2051.

I am under 18, so please don't ignore me. I need to get your mercy.

I created another wiki, but it's only for mobile games' articles. Here is the name: The Mobile Gaming Wiki. I blocked two selectbutton.net users for 1 year because they used the Official & Pirate Game Treasury wiki for vandalism purposes only.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:36:50 PM by KAGE-008 »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »
Quote:

Hi everyone, this is not a spambot. [/quote]
...what is with that thing
Quote:

For your information, I'm not an ignorant, but I don't know much about games.[/quote]
Then why inject info that we don't even know about yet?

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »
Quote:

what is with that thing[/quote]
I think he's just following in the light of Yakumo, who used the same thing. It's safe to assume he's using it to indicate that he means no trouble.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:38:18 PM by iniche »

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 09:59:56 AM »
it says the site doesn't exist. What gives?

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
Locking this topic because it's gone. KAGE, if it bothers you a lot I can trash it for you.

EDIT: Of course, I'm an idiot and I forgot to lock it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:39:14 AM by KingPepe »