Author Topic: Limbo of the Lost  (Read 3153 times)

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Limbo of the Lost
« on: December 29, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »
So yesterday I was at a flea market, and I came across a big table of games (no pirates, sadly) but the guy only wanted 3 bucks for a boxed copy of Psychonauts, and I couldn't pass him up on that offer. As I was leaving, I spotted Limbo of the Lost sitting off on a far corner of the table. I asked about it, and the guy behind the table just told me "Oh, that one? It's shit. Just take it." and keep in mind, this guy could come up with a decent defense for just about anything (Sonic R, Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's Revenge, Tow Truck Simulator, Big Rigs) However, I already had Sonic R, Bloodwings, and Big Rigs, so I just accepted Limbo of the Lost.

I took it (free games!) despite knowing what I was in for. You see, I'd read about it on TVTropes before. After playing it for a bit, I can confirm that it's just as horrible as you'd been led to believe. Ever wanted to play a generic fantasy RPG where all the backgrounds are screenshots from other games, the dialogue was mostly done by the same person, and there's pixel hunting galore? And that's not even a full list of the ways this game fails!

You know what I'd like to see? A Waixing/Nanjing RPG based on this game. I wonder if they could actually manage to make it even worse?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Limbo of the Lost
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
As far as plagiarism goes, Duludubi Star is probably worse but this is a rare example of it being prevalent in a non-Chinese release. :P I should probably try looking for a copy myself just to see how bad it is. ;)

Also, the ending's weird in case you haven't seen it yet.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Limbo of the Lost
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »
Awesome Panda
Dec 29 2012, 02:12:47 PM
Duludubi Star is probably worse[/quote]At least Duludubi Star didn't just take screenshots of SMG and use them as levels!

Barver

• View Profile
Limbo of the Lost
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »
I remember this game, it was funny seeing where the all sources came from. IIRC a lot of the 3D models were all from DAZ 3D Studio.

You can't help but love it thanks to its history, just like you can't help but be fascinated by pirates cuz they're so shit :p

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Limbo of the Lost
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!

...oops, wrong game.  :pandaaway:

Quote:

At least Duludubi Star didn't just take screenshots of SMG and use them as levels![/quote]

Yeah, but they still went as far to steal Klonoa's voice.