Author Topic: Best/Worst Bootleg Consoles?  (Read 3042 times)

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Best/Worst Bootleg Consoles?
« on: October 11, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
What do you think the best and worst bootleg consoles are?

Here's mine:

-=Best=-
Vii - Sunplus 16-bit processor and functional motion controls, combined with some pretty good games. Way more than you can say for many other bootleg systems.
Game King - Really good sound and gameplay, and a pretty good proprietary format.

-=Worst=-
PopStation and clones - Downright abysmal games, high-pitched and chirpy electronic beeps and blips for sound, and totally unreliable hardware that requires the unrestrained use of excessive force in order to make it work properly.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
Best : GB Boy Colour
It's a Gameboy Colour clone, with a backlight! And it plays pirate games how they should be.

But if you want my best for originals..
Super A'can!
Great original console. I'd get one if they were cheaper. :P

W-W-W-WORST.. N-Joypad :|
I swear mine's haunted. It's a console crapped out of one of the devils asses for the worst
music hacks of all time.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
The Power Joy famiclone is pretty good.  It has good emulation and has been holding up well for the past few years.  The worst that I've experienced is the FC-Portable.  The damn thing broke within a week, and the audio is atrocious.  Imagine hearing a game through the speakers, then hearing it through a camcorder video of that...And that's with headphones on, mind you.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
Strictly talking about Famiclone systems:

The best one I've played is probably the Gamezone II 128 in 1. 115 (or something like that) games and is one of the hardware is surprisingly good and well-built. The only big flaw I've noticed is the lack of a cartridge slot. The Gamezone 168 in 1 would probably be better, but I don't own that one.

The worst Famiclone is probably anything DreamGear released. :P

Anything that uses AtGames' miserable excuse of an emulator is also awful.