Author Topic: Good pirate games  (Read 13063 times)

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 10:21:02 AM »
I'd say that as messy as Somari is, it's definitely better than Jurassic Boy 2 in my very personal opinion.

The music in both, though, could be a lot, a whole lot better.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Good pirate games
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 03:14:28 AM »
I think Somari's fine. :\ The music is pretty good IMO, but just some physics ruin it.

ClassicGamer

• View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 07:06:02 AM »
I'm sure this has been said already, but there's also Street Fighter IV from Gouder Co. One of the best HK original fighters I've played.

Rocman X

• View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
Quote : I think Somari's fine. :\ The music is pretty good IMO, but just some physics ruin it.

I strongly agree. If someone could modify the controls to be a lot better, it would be even better. Don't like the lazy Adventure Island Sonic hack, though. (of course) Why does he throw axes in the first place?

Spappy147

• View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
Lei Dian Huang Bi Qa Chuan Shuo (Pokemon Yellow) is a pretty decent RPG
Q-Boy and RocmanX are pretty neat too
If you want Somari however, play the alternate Sonic hack, it gives you rings at the begining of levels and the holes aren't that deep

Smedis2

• View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
Anything by Vast Fame.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Good pirate games
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
Smedis2
Jun 2 2013, 08:44:45 AM
Anything by Vast Fame.[/quote]Agreed with this. The negative thing is that you must learn Chinese in order to understand the text.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:10:47 PM by KAGE-008 »

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »
Rock & Roll Mario IV is the real deal, It feels more like a Mario title than the others!

Brn89

• View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 04:50:18 AM »
Why hasn't anyone mentioned anything from Shenzhen Nanjing yet? Their games are quite good even if most of them are RPGs, and have music characterised with weird high-pitched notes throughout. Also, Rockman DX4 but more so for the "fixed" version (or the original version "Zook Hero Z" that really isn't talked much here).
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Good pirate games
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »
Woah, haven't seen this thread in a while! Surprised nobody's brought up Top Fighter or that King Of Fighters '99 Genesis bootleg, they're both pretty solid fighters. Generally speaking I think the Vii is probably one of the highest-quality plug'n'play systems out there, though a bit of fanboyism on my part may be coming through there  :P

MrNorbert1994

• View Profile
    • http://mrnorbert1994.uw.hu/
Good pirate games
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2018, 08:44:06 PM »
To join in the discussion:
I like quite a few Hummer Team bootlegs, from Aladdin to the seemigly endless amounts of revisional hacks of their Mortal Kombat clones. :P
I had some fun with a few Dragon Co. games (SpaceNinja88 would probably look weird at me for saying this XD ) like Tom & Jerry 3 and Wait And See.
I beated a few times The Lion King Legeng, but it is obviously nowhere near as good as the Super Game backport.
And it kinda ends with there. After those games I had mostly fun with pirates to rip their audio drivers apart, and interstingly a lot of them had decent music for the most part - a good example would be Luan Shi San Guo.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:45:07 PM by MrNorbert1994 »