Author Topic: Pirate ports you'd LOVE to see  (Read 19854 times)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
Pirate ports you'd LOVE to see
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »
Recently, we've been seeing games like Angry Birds and Plants vs Zombies grace the Famicom. It's very simple, gentlegamers, what games would you love to see ported up/down?

For me, it'd have to be Streets of Rage 2, preferably on the NES.  :yay:

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
I'd be interested to see what would have happened if Hummer Team ported Sonic 2 and 3 to the Famicom out of morbid curiosity. :P

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »
Awesome Panda
Sep 1 2012, 03:50:12 PM
I'd be interested to see what would have happened if Hummer Team ported Sonic 2 and 3 to the Famicom out of morbid curiosity. :P[/quote]I did think of those myself. :3
It'd be nice to see some more genuine efforts to port Sonic games, instead of lazy and grotesque looking hacks. :\
Oh, and Yong Yong's games don't count. (They keep coming up, they do. x3)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 04:57:28 PM »
Oh, and a Guitar Hero II port just to hear what Yes We Can would sound like in 8-bit.

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »
Awesome Panda
Sep 1 2012, 04:57:28 PM
Oh, and a Guitar Hero II port just to hear what Yes We Can would sound like in 8-bit.[/quote]*looks it up on YouTube so he knows what he's talking about*

Oh lawl, that'll be awesome. >;)

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
If pirates tried to port these to older consoles, I really would like to see them, if not for any other reason than to laugh at them.

-Harvester (PC)
-Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's Revenge (PC)
-VVVVVV (Various Consoles)
-Super Meat Boy (PC)
-Minecraft (Various Consoles)
-Contra 4 (DS)
-Super Mario RPG (SNES)
-Banjo Kazooie (N64)
-Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
-Red Dead Revolver (PS2)
-Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis)
-Knuckles Chaotix (32X)

I'd be here all night if I listed all I wanted to see.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
RayOfLightning
Sep 1 2012, 03:46:48 PM
For me, it'd have to be Streets of Rage 2, preferably on the NES.  :yay: [/quote]That would be interesting  :O
I would personally like to see a port of Mercs on the Fami  :P

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
Linkrulezall
Sep 1 2012, 06:14:50 PM
If pirates tried to port these to older consoles, I really would like to see them, if not for any other reason than to laugh at them.

-Harvester (PC)
-Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's Revenge (PC)
-VVVVVV (Various Consoles)
-Super Meat Boy (PC)
-Minecraft (Various Consoles)
-Contra 4 (DS)
-Super Mario RPG (SNES)
-Banjo Kazooie (N64)
-Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
-Red Dead Revolver (PS2)
-Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis)
-Knuckles Chaotix (32X)

I'd be here all night if I listed all I wanted to see.[/quote]I bet the Pumpkinhead's Revenge pirate would actually make alot more sense then the original. xD
Ninja-Kun
Sep 1 2012, 06:17:47 PM
RayOfLightning
Sep 1 2012, 03:46:48 PM
For me, it'd have to be Streets of Rage 2, preferably on the NES.  :yay: [/quote]That would be interesting  :O
I would personally like to see a port of Mercs on the Fami  :P [/quote]That actually seems possible. :3
Keep your fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:37:55 PM by Ray of Lightning »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »
RayOfLightning
Sep 1 2012, 06:36:58 PM
I bet the Pumpkinhead's Revenge pirate would actually make alot more sense then the original. xD[/quote]Unless Waixing got their hands on it... >;)
I actually have the real Pumpkinhead's Revenge, and it makes more sense than you might think. If you know what you're doing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:43:19 PM by Linkrulezall »

tpgb12

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »
I would like to see a pirate port of Thayer's Quest (AKA Kingdom - The Far Reaches). :)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 02:57:35 AM »
tpgb12
Sep 1 2012, 10:17:03 PM
I would like to see a pirate port of Thayer's Quest (AKA Kingdom - The Far Reaches). :)[/quote]Oh wow, I didn't think anybody knew about THAT game. xD
Somehow I imagine it'd be something like the Dragon's Lair port the GBC which wasn't a bad port at all, although it sacrificed music.
Linkrulezall
Sep 1 2012, 06:41:01 PM
RayOfLightning
Sep 1 2012, 06:36:58 PM
I bet the Pumpkinhead's Revenge pirate would actually make alot more sense then the original. xD[/quote]Unless Waixing got their hands on it... >;)
I actually have the real Pumpkinhead's Revenge, and it makes more sense than you might think. If you know what you're doing.[/quote]Egads, man! Don't talk like that! ...They'll hear you.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:58:40 AM by Ray of Lightning »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 08:30:52 AM »
I've actually thought that a GBC/GBA port of a NIS game (Makai Kingdom/Disgaea, perhaps?) would be cool.  I imagine they would be ported by V.Fame and using a variation of the Sacred Story engine.  Other than that...Ports of the Mother/Earthbound series to the NES/GBC.  I know they did ports to the GBA, but I'm curious about what a proper GBC port would be like...

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »
Pandemonium for PC and PS1 was good, I'd like to see maybe a 2D version for gameboy or something :P
(NOT THAT SINTAX PLATFORMER PLZ, Yong Yong would be more entertaining XD)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »
Watari
Sep 2 2012, 08:30:52 AM
I've actually thought that a GBC/GBA port of a NIS game (Makai Kingdom/Disgaea, perhaps?) would be cool.  I imagine they would be ported by V.Fame and using a variation of the Sacred Story engine.  Other than that...Ports of the Mother/Earthbound series to the NES/GBC.  I know they did ports to the GBA, but I'm curious about what a proper GBC port would be like...[/quote]Earthbound and Mother 3, I could definitely see on the GBC. Giygas on the GBC would be quite the site to behold, not to mention all those trippy background effects. :D
RobGBA
Sep 2 2012, 10:19:07 AM
Pandemonium for PC and PS1 was good, I'd like to see maybe a 2D version for gameboy or something :P
(NOT THAT SINTAX PLATFORMER PLZ, Yong Yong would be more entertaining XD)[/quote]Is there a Sintax game called Pandemonium? If so, I'd like to see it. x3
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:16:15 AM by Ray of Lightning »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 11:30:10 AM »
RayOfLightning
Sep 2 2012, 11:15:41 AM
Watari
Sep 2 2012, 08:30:52 AM
I've actually thought that a GBC/GBA port of a NIS game (Makai Kingdom/Disgaea, perhaps?) would be cool.  I imagine they would be ported by V.Fame and using a variation of the Sacred Story engine.  Other than that...Ports of the Mother/Earthbound series to the NES/GBC.  I know they did ports to the GBA, but I'm curious about what a proper GBC port would be like...[/quote]Earthbound and Mother 3, I could definitely see on the GBC. Giygas on the GBC would be quite the site to behold, not to mention all those trippy background effects. :D
RobGBA
Sep 2 2012, 10:19:07 AM
(NOT THAT SINTAX PLATFORMER PLZ, Yong Yong would be more entertaining XD)[/quote]Is there a Sintax game called Pandemonium? If so, I'd like to see it. x3[/quote]No. :(
Or.. Just MAYBE...
*calls Sintax to make a port  :evil: *