Author Topic: Pirate ports you'd LOVE to see  (Read 19747 times)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
Pirate ports you'd LOVE to see
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 02:44:20 AM »
Oh lord yes, it'd be the BEST GAME EVER.  :evil:
Maybe Mars Production should be involved, I'm sure they'll do the game a great justice!  8D

In all seriousness though, was CrazyBus actually ever released by pirates? Y'know...sold for cash? Because if so then, dammmn, somebody was heartless.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
RayOfLightning
Sep 6 2012, 02:44:20 AM
Maybe Mars Production should be involved, I'm sure they'll do the game a great justice!  8D

In all seriousness though, was CrazyBus actually ever released by pirates? Y'know...sold for cash? Because if so then, dammmn, somebody was heartless.[/quote]Rumour has it that CrazyBus was released in Venezuela by this man in order to alienate all of his critics and make them fly away from the country: http://pijamasurf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hugo-chavez-2.jpg :P
Seriously though, I think it was just a demo released as a ROM :\

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
Ninja-Kun
Sep 6 2012, 10:27:50 AM
RayOfLightning
Sep 6 2012, 02:44:20 AM

In all seriousness though, was CrazyBus actually ever released by pirates? Y'know...sold for cash? Because if so then, dammmn, somebody was heartless.[/quote]Rumour has it that CrazyBus was released in Venezuela by this man in order to alienate all of his critics and make them fly away from the country: http://pijamasurf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hugo-chavez-2.jpg :P
Seriously though, I think it was just a demo released as a ROM :\ [/quote]At first I thought you were seriously.
Then the joke kicked in. xD

So really then...I wonder why it's considered a pirate game? :\

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
Ray of Lightning
Sep 6 2012, 01:18:36 PM
So really then...I wonder why it's considered a pirate game? :\[/quote]I guess becaused it's unlicensed.  Many people group unlicensed and pirate into the same category, as I've seen with original unlicensed games from Taiwan and such.

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
Watari
Sep 6 2012, 01:55:04 PM
Ray of Lightning
Sep 6 2012, 01:18:36 PM
So really then...I wonder why it's considered a pirate game? :\[/quote]I guess becaused it's unlicensed.  Many people group unlicensed and pirate into the same category, as I've seen with original unlicensed games from Taiwan and such.[/quote]Hmm, fair enough I suppose. Though CrazyBus of all things seems to be a stretch to me, but oh well, it's still freakin' hilarious regardless. xD

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »
Crazy Bus Suxxorz. DESERT BUS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!!one!!!111!!1eleven!!

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 02:41:01 AM »
Linkrulezall
Sep 6 2012, 05:27:06 PM
Crazy Bus Suxxorz. DESERT BUS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!!one!!!111!!1eleven!![/quote]*looks it up* Penn & Teller? The fuck?

*keeps on watching* Ahh...It's a "mini"-game, but still Penn & Teller, the fuck?
Regardless, on the NES...no-no, the Game Boy! It'll be awesome!  >;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:30:15 PM by Ray of Lightning »

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
Ocarina of Time on NES... That'd be awesome! :D

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »
I'd like to see a GOOD pirate of Earthworm Jim for the NES. It would have all the levels from the SNES version, as that's what it would be based on. Maybe Intestinal Distress as a bonus! :-) Also a 2-D version of Minecraft also for the NES, and a better Aladdin (based on MD) for the SNES.

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »
What about final fantasy 8? I think they would like stop at the royal assassination part. Because they don't have a lot of space. But somebody should port it to like gbc or whatever. I don't know a lot about rom development. They better put the music in the game as well. Not some rip off from another game. I like it when they try to remake it manually.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
InfamousKnight
Feb 11 2013, 03:16:46 PM
What about final fantasy 8? I think they would like stop at the royal assassination part. Because they don't have a lot of space. But somebody should port it to like gbc or whatever. I don't know a lot about rom development. They better put the music in the game as well. Not some rip off from another game. I like it when they try to remake it manually.[/quote]I think that'd be stretching it a bit, although it would be nice.  I mean, you're talking about pirate developers after all; they're not the kind of people to put that level of work into their games.  :P

Another thought that I've had a while that I never posted...Some proper ports of Sachen's NES games to the Game Boy Color.  I know they technically did with games like Magic Maze and Magical Tower, but it'd be neat to see proper ports of games such as Rockball and Auto Upturn (granted with design tweaks and whatnot, but still.)

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 03:59:48 PM »
Qiezei
Feb 11 2013, 03:46:10 PM
Another thought that I've had a while that I never posted...Some proper ports of Sachen's NES games to the Game Boy Color.  I know they technically did with games like Magic Maze and Magical Tower, but it'd be neat to see proper ports of games such as Rockball and Auto Upturn (granted with design tweaks and whatnot, but still.)[/quote]Fantastic idea! :D Rockball was ported to Android by Makon, so I wonder if they ported it to GBC before. :O

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
You're right about the Sachen ports. They didn't make my port (Rocman X, of course) for the GBC very accurate! I hated it! I mean, where are the shops? Why are the level designs shrunk to fit the vertical length of the NES? Why do I have a gun and not a boomerang, and why not be able to fly or shoot directional? Where are the coins? Where are the cutscenes? Why can you access all 5 stages from the start? Where are the cutscenes? Why is the music so dang inconsistent and terrible? It's an insult to my game!

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »
because it was ported by Makon based on the Rockman 8 engine, which sucked to begin with.

The port of Jurassic Boy 2 is alright though, I dunno if they had some outside help for that or what.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »
I'd definitely like to see a SNT port of Mortal Kombat in RPG format. With Pokémon music, heavy grinding and all, this would totally fit their "stupid way of porting games".