Author Topic: Pirate collection  (Read 4385 times)

MLX

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« on: September 22, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
So one of my friend is selling his whole pirate collection (1015 working cartridges), the deal is almost done but I'm not the guy who is going to get these, I've been trying to deal with my friend to get few, here's what I'm trying to get: Fun Fun Club games: (Street Hero and Super Pang (unknown ?)) and a NT-707 (1996 3 in 1) cartridge. I need to money to buy these (and dump them), a cartridge cost 20 USD, I wanted to know if you guys could help me get these. You will get the dump as a reward. (and maybe the money if I can ^_^ )
Notes: I'm trying to get these since the deal already started with the stranger. I'll tell you if it fails with me.

The link under is a zip which include 4 zip which separate each pictures (of the 1015 carts). I found some pretty strange labels in these pictures. All pics are high quality with high resolution.
If the deal fails with the swedish guy, I'll ask if he can sell the games separately or just like a deal of 20 at least.

EDIT: The deal didn't failed but he ended up buying only few carts. It may be possible to sell games separately. Unfortunalely Street Hero by Fun Fun club is sold. I can still get Super Pang (Fun Fun too !) for 20. More infos later.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:37:19 PM by MLX »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Pirate collection
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:25:22 PM »
ooh theres some interesting stuff there. I love some of those hand drawn labels. and the Street Fighter II one thats just a photo of the cart. :D

Super Pang looks to me like it might just be a relabelled version of Sachen's though - the artwork is the same and its in a Sachen style cart. but theres stuff in the same photo i don't recognise, like 501-503, 507 and 508. (506 I guess is just Toobin' by Tengen, same as 505?)

Barver

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
Damn, I love seeing so many pirates together, All the colors and art, just makes you feel all warm inside.  XD

Sad lack of originals though I have to say. Mostly all multis. Never have seen so many Korean pirates though. Hell, I've seen so many multis but tons of them there I've never seen once. Surprised how many have Sonic on them.

Edit: I just realized this is that guy that owns the JY website(and Tekken I guess too). What made him want to sell his whole collection? Thought that guy was like THE guy of JY carts.  :O
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:01:42 AM by Barver »

MLX

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »
He do not sell his JY cartridges. Except few copies that are very common. If you guys are interested by few games, tell me I'll see if he is ok to deal for only few carts.

MLX

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 09:34:14 PM »
Bumping this to give some infos about few rares carts:
Carts from 801 to 823 were the some of the first carts sold in South Korea (1989) when the Famicom was arriving there. The company that made these carts is named PASCAL. (That company made bunch of Famiclone too)
Also the cartridges with a frog on them (844 to 848 + 141) were sold with the Frog computer system (or whatever it's called) in 1989 too.

And not completly related but Super Bros. 8 could have been produced by J.Y. Company.

FamicomFreak

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 01:36:38 AM »
Amazing! Love those pirates, so many of them!

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Pirate collection
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »
Now that I've actually bought a few Famicom carts (mostly pirates, the only official one I have is the Japanese version of Milon's Secret Castle) I'll list them here:

Super 4-in-1 (K4303)
Games included:
Tekken 2 (cut down version which only has 5 characters instead of 8)
Knight Rider (that awful game based off the TV show)
"Arthur Robin" (Lupin Sansei: Pandora no Isan)
99 Fifa (hack of Tecmo World Cup Football

112-in-1 (HH-035)
Games included:
Super Mario Bros. (unlike most pirate multicart releases, they only removed the copyright on this one)
Battle City
Excitebike
"Teletubbies" (hack of Mario Bros. A bit odd that they'd leave SMB intact when they made a hack of this)
Pac-Man
Space Invaders
Ice Climber

Game Star Smart Computer Pro 48-in-1
Games included, not including the so-called applications:
Duck Hunt
Track & Field
Poker
Solitaire
Minesweeper
Didn't check this enough to see if there any more real games.

Tom & Jerry: Best of the Best (actually the normal Tom & Jerry game, NT artwork of course :P )

Lupin (same game as the one on the 4-in-1, might sell it seeing as it's pointless having 2 of the same game)

The Young Indiana Jones

That AT-101 84-in-1

Barver

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 01:55:56 AM »
Anyone have the zip file still? Just realizing it would be great for the Pirated Game Museum. :o

MLX

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 03:40:03 AM »
I still have it both old version (1015 cartridges) and updated (1715 cartridges). PM me if you want the files.

Barver

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 08:33:56 AM »
PMd :) Wasn't aware he had an updated file, that's quite a lot more he added. :o

ThunderBlastMan

• View Profile
Pirate collection
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 04:40:11 AM »
Where do you find pirate carts but E-bay
Oh wait now i know wrong page
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:41:32 AM by ThunderBlastMan »

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
Pirate collection
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »
Can we just agree that Cha4e3is the world's best pirate game collector?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Pirate collection
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 03:12:47 PM »
Dunno about that. Jjaaheee has literally thousands of carts from what I counted, pity he can't (or possibly won't) dump them though.

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
Pirate collection
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 08:07:59 PM »
Where's his site?