Author Topic: Power Player Super Joy italian tv advertisement  (Read 3412 times)

Razor Koopa

• View Profile
Power Player Super Joy italian tv advertisement
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:58:07 AM »
I am pretty sure that everyone alredy knows the Power Player Super Joy, and all of the lawsuite that happened in the US when they tried to sell it in stores, but not a lot of people (at least outside of Italy) know that, around the same time of the ban and the lawsuits, the Power Player Super Joy was advertised in shopping TV channels in Italy without any consequences or legal actions for years (even to this day).
Here is it:

https://youtu.be/wtAWmTqfa5o

The spot advertise 73 games that can be played in 1000 different ways, realistic graphics and sound and the cheap price (at the time 99,90€, but it dropped at 29,90€).

Spoiler: click to toggle

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
Power Joy and Arcade Action were both advertised on shopping channels here in the UK complete with pirated games, I don't think any legal action was taken over those either.

I remember the host of one of the ads playing Adventure Island, which they called "Adis Land" (from the menu name being ADISLAND) and described as being "like the one with the brothers"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 03:44:55 PM by taizou »

DensestPotato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 05:17:48 AM »
The south and eastern parts of europe were always fine with bootleg consoles apparently, so its not really a suprise that they made such an advert, right as im speaking a commercial which is probably a portable famiclone is playing on a known children's network in Greece (or atleast it used to be well known before the creation of Nickelodeon Greece), named Smile (previously known as 0-6 (this is the only instance where a channel is named on the main demographic's age group), they used screenshots of crash bandicoot and sonic 1, but im sure they cant handle a ps1 emulator in a cheaply made clone.