Author Topic: Worst ports of games to other consoles  (Read 26196 times)

KimKaphwanAndKnuckles

• View Profile
Worst ports of games to other consoles
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2016, 12:43:34 PM »
Mortal Kombat 4 on GBC. Controls are dirt, music - if you can call it that - sucks, Liu Kang's name is misspelled in some ROMs and you can beat the game in about 5 minutes.

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
    • http://famicloneblog.wordpress.com
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »
Lemmings on the Game Boy Color. The one for the original Game Boy was good but for the color version they replaced the original music with a bunch of annoying new music, and the levels are simplified a lot.

Mitchykins

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2016, 04:05:44 PM »
Megaman 1 and 3 (They didn't port 2 though) on DOS, if that counts, as well as a good deal of 80's and early 90's PC, Amiga and other computer ports, especially ones by US Gold.

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2017, 03:19:50 AM »
(lol I'm replying to something from 5 years ago because why not)

Quote:

Wow, you sure have no taste.

Doom on SNES was an impressive feat and showed that graphics could never overtake the gameplay. It featured accuracy of the levels and monster variety not seen in most of the console Doom ports of its time. And GBA port, are you serious? You're going to rip on a translation of a game that was impressively translated to a handheld system, no less? At least you got the 32X part right.[/quote]
Doom on SNES was very impressive from a technical standpoint but the gameplay is trash because of the pregnant pause between you hitting a button and the game reacting.. Not to mention the lack of circle strafing which is one of Doomguy's key maneuvers! Good from a technical standpoint =/= fun to play.

The GBA version ain't half bad though, not sure why I mentioned that one.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:20:45 AM by Doomkid »

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2018, 05:39:54 AM »
Doomkid
Sep 28 2012, 09:40:59 PM
I think 'Doom' and 'Street Fighter II' take the cake when it comes to which games have been raped by and tossed back and forth between companies to get it on every platform in existance. 'Doom' on SNES, 32x, GBA = Awful as puke. 'DoomDS' could have been a brilliant idea, since it actually could have run similar to the PC version, but these companies often don't see the obvious.

Street Fighter II on the ZX spectrum, Amiga, hell even the DOS versions (just to name a very small few, there are about 30 billion clones out there) are just abominations. Awful music, non-existant gameplay.. if the fighter is moving at 4 FPS, its a stretch even calling it a fight. The pirated NES versions (Master Fighter II and Street Fighter III) are, and I quote, "Miyamotoesque" compared to 95% of 'official' ports.

If you aren't playing Street Fighter II on a SNES, Genesis or real Arcade machine, you're not even playing SFII since the same skills don't apply.[/quote]dude, the gba port of doom is wicked, stop hating on it  :O
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »
tbh I'd argue the GBA port is way better than the 32X version, the controls are done quite well considering the lack of buttons and the music is at least tolerable :v

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »
Awesome Panda
Apr 13 2018, 10:20:14 AM
tbh I'd argue the GBA port is way better than the 32X version, the controls are done quite well considering the lack of buttons and the music is at least tolerable :v[/quote]yes dude, here is my list, why the GBA port of doom is Wicked:

-all 9 Weapons (including the BFG 9000, the Chainsaw, The Fist)
-Green Blood for Censorship
-No boss levels
-all 3 Episodes
-and Much More
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.